New handling facilities and bull

Help Support CattleToday:

The phrase touché is often used in popular culture and general conversation—for example, in an argument or debate. If one person presents an argument and another delivers a clever or apt response, the first person may respond with "touché" as a way of acknowledging a good response.

A douche is a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body for medical or hygienic reasons, or the stream of water itself. The word comes from the French language, in which its principal meaning is a shower (it is thus a notorious false friend encountered by non-native speakers of English; the phrase for vaginal douching is douche vaginale, meaning vaginal shower).

Close they are both french! :D

Hi Why not.

Havent had the hen house set up long enough to know if the varmints & critters are going to give me a problem. But they alway's seem to show up. My guess is it will be racoons digging under. The plan is to set up a solar fence charger on top & just run a few wires around the bottom. It's our hen house experiment, If it goes well we plan on making a few more.

Cmjusto, Theres alot to be said in your theory.
I see a whole lot of pens around here in Virginia that look like they couldnt hold a three legged one eyed cow. but they do and they seem to work well. Go figure...

I have to say I'm sitting out here in boulder Colorado tonight.
(long way from home)Brought daughter out to get her set up for college here in boulder. You Westerners have some really beautiful country out here. Were getting up early to drive over & spend the day in Cheyanne Wyoming just to say we went..

MikeC":gefclsja said:
People might become disenchanted with Angus if these type bulls keep showing up..................... :lol:

You know I live in the same area as this guy who owns this bull. Northeast TN and Southwest VA are really the same area and you wouldnt believe how many people have bulls like these in there pastures. Very dishearting to know people are raising good quality bulls out there and still local farmers are using bulls like these. I can think of almost five breeders in my area just off the top of my head, all within less than 50 miles who raise good cattle, black cattle. Mostly Angus, but even some really good friends of my families are one of the top Limousin farms in the country and they have some top quality black bulls for sale all year long at a very reasonable price for our area. Most people around here dont know that a bull is half there herd.

Nice working pens though!!

Havent had the hen house set up long enough to know if the varmints & critters are going to give me a problem. But they alway's seem to show up. My guess is it will be racoons digging under. The plan is to set up a solar fence charger on top & just run a few wires around the bottom. It's our hen house experiment, If it goes well we plan on making a few more.

I see a whole lot of pens around here in Virginia that look like they couldnt hold a three legged one eyed cow. but they do and they seem to work well. Go figure...

(long way from home)Brought daughter out to get her set up for college here in boulder. You Westerners have some really beautiful country out here. Were getting up early to drive over & spend the day in Cheyanne Wyoming just to say we went..

Peacemaker, That is a very good idea about the solar charger on the chicken tractor, the blue tractor is nice as well, I am co-owner of one of those blue tractors too (TL-80) with my brother. I'm having a front end loader put on it this week (bush hog 40-45) OUCH!

You are right about those that live out west, very awsome country. I have spent time in Chama, NM the last 3 springs in a row, while turkey hunting.

Let us know how the "charged chicken tractor" works out.
Trey

peacemaker":8c7veuj5 said:
I finished my handling area exept for the head gate / squeeze shute area. that will be next month.
And finally got my bull.

I tried for the last hour to get the pictures up but still having no luck...

I managed to get them as far as the member photo area but for the life of me I cant get them here.

Was hoping to see what you all thought...
He's not registered or anything. Just under 2 years old.
He seems pretty happy to do his job...

If anyone can help me to get the picture here let me know or you should be able to see them in the gallery.

thanks
That would be a good bull for heifers, I think. Wouldn't keep the calves but he's got what I look for in a heifer bull, for calving ease anyway.

peacemaker":3c7e7g0b said:
Hi Why not.

If she wasn't a liberal when she arrived in Boulder she will be by Christmas vacation.
We don't call it the peoples republic of Boulder for nothing.

My boys all graduated from Colo State just up the road and they're still able to think for themselves.

By the way nice pens, and the Bull might be better than these guys think.

I'd sure wait and see what his calves look like. Might surprise you, and everybody else.

Good luck with the Bull and the daughter. If she gets in a jam out here in the wild west, give us a holler, we can always come up with bail, or grocery money. Whatever is most appropriate.

I've got for heifer bulls that look just like him, I was really surprised at how good their calves looked and performed. I know the genetics and EPD'S on them are surperior but the bulls aren't that much to look at. I'm thinking that maybe alot of these bulls dont go through a hardcore development program that some of larger breeders practice, just a thought.

Latest posts