New disk mower- What brand???

Help Support CattleToday:

One more thought...

Farmtrac Disc Mowers are basically Kuhn manufactured (the same folks that make John Deere's).

The 9'2" Model requires 48 HP. Last time I priced one about 18 months ago, they were going for $4,950. The dealer said that he sells about 25 units per year and has had really good luck with them. For the money difference, maybe something to consider.

http://www.farmtrac.com/

Do you have any verification that Kuhn actually makes those mowers? Their website doesn't have enough information to tell.

With a price that cheap, I doubt that it's a Kuhn. Or if it is, its a cheaper line like John Deere's Frontier equipment

OklaBrangusBreeder":2ct0xn51 said:
One more thought...

Farmtrac Disc Mowers are basically Kuhn manufactured (the same folks that make John Deere's).

Farmtrac disc mowers are NOT made by Kuhn and have no connection to either Kuhn or John Deere

Farmtrac Disc mowers are made by Fort Pegoraro of the ARGO Group. I have been in their factory in Luzzara. http://www.argospa.com/

IronPeddler,

Several years ago, the Farmtrac line was numbered something like 7170/7180/7190. Not sure who made those, maybe the folks you mentioned.

About two years ago, Farmtrac went to a new "DMD" series with model numbers of DMD5, DMD6, DMD7. When they made that change, the dealer told me the new mowers were made from "Kuhn components" and would be a superior product to the previous series.

I would be curious to know if the link you gave for Fort Pegoraro may have been the source for the older series?

OklaBrangusBreeder,

The eariler design mentioned was a M.B.S. design. The Morra family purchased them and formed the Fort P & Morra hay tool marketing labels. Fort P started moving their rebranding customers in 1999 to their DMD series.

Still shopping and it looks like the Vermeer dealer may be coming down a bit more on his price. Guess if I was smart I should have been buying last December or January when nobody was thinking about cutting hay, it might have made more of a difference.

Right now I'm looking at it from the standpoint I can make it to the Vermeer dealer in about 20 minutes. Double and tripple that time for any other dealer plus I've dealt with the Vermeer dealer before and they have always been great about getting my parts in fast as well as doing any work I could not do myself in a real timely manner which is worth a lot to me.

J

I just purchased a Kuhn disc mower with the finger type conditioner. It is a used model, however the guy only cut about 20 acres for two years . He bought it new, and sold his farm recently. Looking forward to using it. Sure seems like the way to go in lieu of the old sickle bar conditioner.

RGv

Well yesterday I bought the Vermeer disc mower. It was the last one they had there at the dealership and I got it for $6500 after doing some talking with the salesman.

The salesman told me it was a last years model and prices would be going up when they got more in and I figured he was right so I took it. I also figured with hay season right around the corner it would not last there much longer.

They are going to hold it there for a while before they deliver it and give me my "lesson". Don't know if they will wait till May or not though as I'd like to have them come set it up right before I start cutting hay.

Now I guess come Monday I'll put the old Deutz disc mower on the morning buy, sell, and trade show. Heck, may now even up grade to a newer rake. Figure the mower is new, baler is pretty new, so I may as well get rid of the old JD PTO rake for a better model even though there really is nothing wrong with it.

J

Latest posts