Mower Issue

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I've got a 2015 gravely stand on mower with a kohler engine. Been parked for a few years but it's time to get it working again.

Was parked due to raw fuel coming out the exhaust and it would barely run. Had another mower so parked it til I could fix it.

I've not torn into it yet, but ordering stuff today to service it real good when I do tear into it. Plugs, oil, filter, fuel filter and pump, hydraulic fluid, etc.

I assume it's a carb/needle issue overloading it with gas. So gonna get a new carb for simplicity sake.

Is there anything else that could cause the raw fuel thru the exhaust issue?

Thanks in advance.

I've got a 2015 gravely stand on mower with a kohler engine. Been parked for a few years but it's time to get it working again.

Was parked due to raw fuel coming out the exhaust and it would barely run. Had another mower so parked it til I could fix it.

I've not torn into it yet, but ordering stuff today to service it real good when I do tear into it. Plugs, oil, filter, fuel filter and pump, hydraulic fluid, etc.

I assume it's a carb/needle issue overloading it with gas. So gonna get a new carb for simplicity sake.

Is there anything else that could cause the raw fuel thru the exhaust issue?

Thanks in advance.
Jltrent can tell you without spending a lot of extra money on it.

I have a quad that will do the same thing, its float will get stuck.
Appreciate the info. Hope to have her back up and mowing this weekend. Should have parts by Friday.

Had a mechanical someone go thru the carb just before I parked it in effort to fix this problem. They said the carb was fine and it was something else. That didn't make sense to me. I've come to the realization that I need to be the one to work on my own stuff.

Appreciate the info. Hope to have her back up and mowing this weekend. Should have parts by Friday.

Had a mechanical someone go thru the carb just before I parked it in effort to fix this problem. They said the carb was fine and it was something else. That didn't make sense to me. I've come to the realization that I need to be the one to work on my own stuff.
I bought a rebuilt kit for mine and it all seemed fine when I took it apart. Not sure what the issue was but I replaced everything.

As stated above the new carb ought to get you going, and the other maintenance ought to keep you going a long time. If you can get pure 100% gas local it is worth the extra cost.

Latest posts