New Bull Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasCowman73

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of my new bull I'm open for all comments.
DSC_0044.jpg.html][IMG]

Oh goody another newbie to the board, now I don't fell all alone.
:welcome:
Texas cowman,
He certainly has his good points but hes to short on length for my liking.
But that's just me!
JC

21 months old he's the best I've looked at in quite a while. He is actually registered Beefmaster I know about the black thing trying to infuse some black in my Beefmaster commercial heard. Here in Southeast Texas Black sells.

TexasCowman73":1g63dtsr said:
Here are a couple pictures of my new bull I'm open for all comments.
DSC_0044.jpg.html]

He's Black. A wonderfully full, complete and rich Black, not a speck of red or white on him--all Black. And it's nice thick, long and dark Black, with a really small Black sheath for a beefmaster-even a Black beefmaster, and he appears to have a good sized Black scrotum as well. Must be the Beefmaster 7th Essential that ol Tom Lassater completely forgot about.
1.*DISPOSITION
2.* FERTILITY
3.* WEIGHT
4.* CONFORMATION
5.* HARDINESS
6.* MILK PRODUCTION

(7)*BLACK HIDE

Might just be me and the way I look at him, but I'd like a little more heftiness in his Black shoulder but not a bad lookin Black bull at all.

True story:
Last Oct, I was at the Trinity Valley fairgrounds attending the SE Texas beef symposium/trade show in Liberty Tx. Not too many people there and about a dozen exhibitors of different products out on the covered pavilion. Only one breed rep there--a Brangus breeder had a little booth set up, handing out a few pamphlets and I suppose answering questions. A 4h/FFA class was there in front of this little Brangus table, so I walked up--the guy wasn't saying much so I thought I'd try to help him out for the benefit of the students. Get them inquisitive about Brangus.
Me:
"Good mornin--What would a Brangus bull do for my Charolais or Beefmaster herd--how would a Brangus sire improve my calf crop?"
(I'll never forget the words that came out his mouth, and I know my facial expression showed the shock of which aspect and selling point he evidently found most important)
(him)
"Why, that Brangus bull'l turn them calves Black!"
I stood there for a couple of seconds, probably with my jaw wide open, regained my composure as I heard one of the boys in the blue jackets whisper "Gee-ya think?" and continued still hoping to get the kids to start asking a few questions:
What about carcass quality, weaning weight, feed conversion, milking and breed back times?"
Brangus guy:
"Oh-well yeah, he'll improve all that too, and knock them horns off the Beefmasters on top of turnin 'em black"

I just set his now wrinkled up pamphlet back down and slowly backed out of the little knot of highschool kids, brushed my hands off on my jeans leg like I'd just touched something nasty. I really really like Brangus, always have, and still do.
I talked again to the Brangus guy during one of the breaks in the guest speaker portion, and he's a nice guy, knowledgeable, and experienced, but this is where we are now that Black Hide Fever has become pandemic with the consumers and beef industry..

Welcome to the CT! Pretty bull you have, tho he's a little short in the length.

Its sad that black hided fad is turning many breeds black. Herefords, Chi, Simmental, Maine, Limo and even the niche breeds such as pied, belgian blue, beefalo & longhorns has gone black.

Taurus":2pjotw3d said:

Its sad that black hided fad is turning many breeds black. Herefords, Chi, Simmental, Maine, Limo and even the niche breeds such as pied, belgian blue, beefalo & longhorns has gone black.

Herefords are still red and white, we have a closed herdbook since 1886.

KNERSIE":e96cyhyu said:
Taurus":e96cyhyu said:

I reckon he's referring to that bastardized mongrel known as the dreaded "Black Hereford".

TennesseeTuxedo":15e9kw3p said:
KNERSIE":15e9kw3p said:
Taurus":15e9kw3p said:

I reckon he's referring to that bastardized mongrel known as the dreaded "Black Hereford".
:nod:

Latest posts