New babies

Help Support CattleToday:

Great looking younguns ya'll. I see I'm not the only one fighting those wild buttercups.

05-04-2005042.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/muldoon/05-04-2005043.jpg
05-04-2005046.jpg

Bama":35ezkzu1 said:
Great looking younguns ya'll. I see I'm not the only one fighting those wild buttercups.

Buttercups must be more of a problem in other places then they are around here. We get a scattered few but just ignore them. After the hensbit, which fortunetly doesn;t grow much in the pastures, the buttercups are the really the first flower of spring. After months of brown, that little spot of yellow seems to be a welcome relief.

dun

Around here hensbit can really get a hold also. If you don't spray regularly your pasture goes from purple from the hensbit to yellow in a short period. If I get a chance I'll take a picture of my neighbors pasture and post it.

Chuckie":1owfe38h said:
Looks like this forum group has leaned a lot from each other. All the cow and calves look really good this year. I must say that I have learned a lot here that actually helps me make some decisions on what to do.
I imagine that probably each of us feels the same way. The important factors to consider, among many, are: communication stimulates thought and study and THINKING! We must all think about what we are doing and WHY we are doing it, as well as how it should be done. As I have remarked in these forums before - raising beef cattle is a serious business - even if you have only one cow as a hobby, it is still not a game or a toy. Baby calves are cute, but they also are a responsibility to be taken seriously and with dedication.

cowspider":22yi6dwe said:
Newbies both heifers, hereford and brangus-hereford cross black one is 2 weeks old red one is 6 weeks old

100_0320.jpg
[/img]

are they out of the same bull? that red one sure looks small for its age, unless its just my eyesight and camera angle.

different bulls, both have white face mommies. yes the red is small for her age. she is the same size as the black one. red's mom is an old brokemouth cow I bought with calf at her side. I got the cow for the price of the calf. Mom will grow wheels after weaning the calf

:clap: beautiful calves everybody!

i always liked this little heifer she was the first of the season

55calf.jpg

and this one i was trying to link to a minute ago but my gol durn compooder wouldn't let me do it...

[img
5calf.jpg
[/img]

sidney411":1b4wpqxu said:
I totally agree Chuckie. I think a lot of people here don't realize how much they have helped people like me and you. There have been significant decisions I have made that have made a big difference in my overhead and/or profit that I would have never even though of or known about aside from this board. I could prove that my profits have gone up (and it's not just due to the high prices, although I'm not complaining :D ) It's due to management and marketing changes I have made that I have learned from this board along with other sorces of information I have found to be helpful. I just want ot thank everyone - expecially Macon for allowing us this place to relax, learn, share our thoughts, ideas, and stories.

:clap: yep same here! :clap:

Latest posts