Love baldie babies

Help Support CattleToday:

Lost the second baldie heifer calf that I posted a pic of . Found her off to herself and could tell she didn't feel good . Gave her a couple rounds of antibiotics but didn't seem to get better . Was afraid she was dehydrated so I got electrolytes down her and saw improvement and next thing I knew she was dying. Hurts to lose one anytime but especially an almost 2 month old calf . No discharge from her nose , no coughing, a little runny poo but no blood . No other calves sick so far . So I don't know ? This is second calf her mom has lost . Last years I found dead when she calved , so I wondering if it's her ?

Lost the second baldie heifer calf that I posted a pic of . Found her off to herself and could tell she didn't feel good . Gave her a couple rounds of antibiotics but didn't seem to get better . Was afraid she was dehydrated so I got electrolytes down her and saw improvement and next thing I knew she was dying. Hurts to lose one anytime but especially an almost 2 month old calf . No discharge from her nose , no coughing, a little runny poo but no blood . No other calves sick so far . So I don't know ? This is second calf her mom has lost . Last years I found dead when she calved , so I wondering if it's her ?
Wonder if it would be worth it to have your vet do ( whatever you call an autopsy on an animal) on it? How far from Auburn are you?

Wonder if it would be worth it to have your vet do ( whatever you call an autopsy on an animal) on it? How far from Auburn are you?
I could have carried her to the diagnostic lab in Boaz Al but my wife was having issues with her BP so I've been to the er at 3:30 am one day and 8 pm the next day so we buried her . Probably me being the cause 😁

Latest posts