negotiating a new vehicle

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":1bb6tvfh said:
Just a plain cm bed. I was going to put a deweze. With the plan of using the hydro pump to also run a hydraulic post driver.
The hydraulics on the deweze are much to slow. So that wont work. I imagine I'm going to have to buy a hydraulic power pack to run the equipment.

The truck does have the new aisin tranny that is equipment with a hydraulic pto. Idk.
Gonna have see if we can make it work.
Anyone familiar with this feature.
I like a plain cm myself. Deweze was $8k-10k? They all have a PTO option plate on the side of transmission for wreckers etc. I've also liked the engine mounted hydraulic pumps better than the bed mounted.

I can't see how you could possibly let one of these new diesel trucks sit and run all day. Maybe after the 3 year, 36k mile warranty is up and you delete the truck you could. IMO

True Grit Farms":2ng47lhe said:
I can't see how you could possibly let one of these new diesel trucks sit and run all day. Maybe after the 3 year, 36k mile warranty is up and you delete the truck you could. IMO
Mine runs all day. That's one reason I have a diesel, never shut it off in the summer. It's a 15 model duramax. Gets 40,000 miles a year and no telling how many hours. I'll have to look and see if it has a hour meter.
It also has 100,000 mile warranty. Who only has a 36,000 anymore?

True Grit Farms":1yllex6b said:

I'm pretty sure the pto on the truck won't due the job either. Wasn't counting on it to. Atlas copco makes a power pack about the size of a medium sized generator. It will rum up to 30gpm . Enough to run a big driver or a drill.
And can easily be moved from one truck to another.
We do regularly have the truck running practically all day. When moving down a line driving post. I think it's probably better than constantly starting it up

callmefence":2qug1wdm said:
True Grit Farms":2qug1wdm said:

I'm pretty sure the pto on the truck won't due the job either. Wasn't counting on it to. Atlas copco makes a power pack about the size of a medium sized generator. It will rum up to 30gpm . Enough to run a big driver or a drill.
And can easily be moved from one truck to another.
We do regularly have the truck running practically all day. When moving down a line driving post. I think it's probably better than constantly starting it up

Just wondering how post are drove in tx? Do you have something on the truck doing it? Here post are wood and driven with a driver on a large bobcat. Just wondering how it is done down there.

callmefence":2327n50b said:
https://youtu.be/HWNuTD8Qv8g
https://youtu.be/ECI7eRAT8PQ

These are pnematic tools . copco has a new line is the same equipment that's hydraulic. I'm starting the switch to all hydro.

We also use the three point tractor mounted shaver driver. But not very often

I bet a skid steer with a high flow pump and remotes would be really handy for that kind of work.

jedstivers":25o8b3yj said:
True Grit Farms":25o8b3yj said:
Mine runs all day. That's one reason I have a diesel, never shut it off in the summer. It's a 15 model duramax. Gets 40,000 miles a year and no telling how many hours. I'll have to look and see if it has a hour meter.

It might be different on the new D-max, but we had a fit out of the fuel systems on the 03 to 07 D-max bucket trucks we had at work due to excessive idling. The company switched to Ford gas V10s and no more problems.

That looks like a lot more work than the way they put in wood post with skid steer here. Interesting to see how things are done in other places.

hillbilly beef man":39cgdyhw said:
jedstivers":39cgdyhw said:
True Grit Farms":39cgdyhw said:

It might be different on the new D-max, but we had a fit out of the fuel systems on the 03 to 07 D-max bucket trucks we had at work due to excessive idling. The company switched to Ford gas V10s and no more problems.
Ig had 06, 12 and 15. Also have a 10 on the farm. No trouble with any of them and no one I know in the area either. Lot of those trucks and when it hot here they don't shut off.

Saw ambulance with ford diesel @ the dealers, getting a new motor--at owners expense. Oil had been changed by the miles, maybe 30,000---but hour meter showed about 3 or 4 x as much running time, co said abuse, oil changes way to seldom.

callmefence":234lj13x said:
littletom":234lj13x said:
That looks like a lot more work than the way they put in wood post with skid steer here. Interesting to see how things are done in other places.

I'd like to see em drive a wood post round here.
You should see what I do. If we aren't bad day I'll take a loader and just push the post in. If we are real dry I have to use my post driver.

Buying a truck this week. Friday I was negotiating financing on a truck at the dealership. He said my credit dropped after financing my new honda ATV 2 months ago. Said the best he could get me was 8.9%. I told him there was no way in heck I was paying 8.9% interest. I said I was leaving to go fix my transmission in my old truck instead of paying that. He said "wait! let me see what I, can do". took him 2 minutes to get me a 4%. Seems like they dont work hard sometimes until you are walking. Still didnt buy it, going to buy one tomorrow. Changed my mind that the miles were too high on the truck I was buying. Getting a 5.8 V8 Tundra but shopping several dealerships.