need some tree cutting advise

Help Support CattleToday:

Could you stuff an old inner tube in the hollow spot real tight and light it on fire? Might burn hot enough to help it fall. I would stuff it tight though, and light it at night so the black smoke doesn't alert the EPA.

I've cut a lot of trees and I think that one would fall just fine, however it looks like a job for Sky. I would chicken out.

I want to see a video of the tannerite...

If that don't work, as hollow as that thing is I bet it would burn itself into shortly. If it is as dry there as it is here I wouldn't set anything on fire now.

Have not heard a boom yet so I assume the tree is still standing.
If tannerite doesn't work, how about cutting a hole in the trunk about 6 or 8 feet up to create a chimney affect when you set it on fire again?
And if you had a leaf blower to get it really cooking, I bet it would burn into, or become really really dangerous to be around...

Didn't see this till today M5 sorry. If you feel certain if you got your cable up high enough you could safely do it then I would suggest you get a throw ball and some throw cord and throw it up to the highest point you can in a crotch or over an limb. Take the cable and use the throw line to lift the cable up into the tree. We use the same set up to pull bull rope up in the tree and drop them like that. If you get it up high enough as you know you cut it right you can make it go wherever you like. I hope you understand what I am telling you I know how to do it in my head just trying to explain it through the keyboard can be misleading.

http://www.wesspur.com/throw-line/throw-line-main.html

M5farm":3l8alfor said:
I don't think I can afford sky. It is very dangerous It is in an area that I can keep the cows out of because they always laid under this tree. That's why I think I should just set it on fire and let it fall where ever it wants. Its in the corner of 2 fences but fixing fence is easy.

If you were closer I would whack it for free its really no biggie if you have the right equip. If you were closer I probably would use my tow boom lift. Home depot rents them here so you may be able to rent it for a few hours that's all you should need shouldn't be very much. It will make life easier then limb up the tree then chunk it down. Chunk it meaning cut 3-4 foot sections and push them down as you go down.

Yep, that's how I do pine trees. Climb with gaffs , limb them and then cut in sections on the way down. On that tree I would use motor oil and diesel or cut part of an old tire and stuff in hole and set it on fire

Latest posts