Tree puller question

Help Support CattleToday:

david1852

Reaction score
I have trees growing in 1/2 mile long fence line and Im going to clean it up. I want to cut them down with the chainsaw but the fence runs along the highway. I can't let them fall in the road and can't let them fall back across the fence. The trees range in size from saplings to 8" in diameter.

Can a Titan tree puller be used to hold the trees up vertical while I saw them off level with the fence posts then move them to a pile? After that I can remove the bottom of the tree without them falling in the road.
Does that sound like it would safely work?

I'll use the tree puller attached to my Kubota M7060.

I don't know but it sounds pretty iffy to me. How much does that 8 inch tree weigh? How much weight will that tractor lift and hold? Where do you have a hold of it? How close to the cut? is your grip secure enough that it won't tip or slip?

Me. I would drop the wire on the ground and fall the trees across it.

I've never used a Titan brand tree puller but have pulled several 1,000 trees with a CL fab brand. They work amazingly well and I'd say you could probably pull most of the trees out rather than cut them off. I use the puller on a skid loader and have never tried it with the tractor though.

I ordered MTL tree/ post puller instead of the Titan and got it early this morning. Everything about it looks good, welds, heavy construction, paint and protected cylinder. At my request the company swapped out the flat face couplers for ag couplers. After checking it over I put it right to work.

I had a section of fence with about 50 T-posts and about a half dozen wood posts to pull up. I can say that it generates a LOT of clamping force. It will crush in the sides of the T-posts and splinter 3-4" wooden posts. Got those posts, fence wire, all pulled up in no time. Rolled up everything with the forks and moved the mess to the scrap pile. Finished all that in just a little over an hour which would have taken me a half day using a chain and getting on/ off the tractor. My knees feel so much better too.

Pulling up the posts went so well I had time to try it out on the trees/bushes along 1/4 mile of the highway. As I stated earlier, my intentions were to use the puller to reach up and over the fence to hold small trees/limbs/ bushes hanging out to the highway while I cut them off with my Echo pole saw. Everything was under 4" in diameter and less than 20' long. I held and cut one tree limb/bush at a time and it worked perfectly plus I didn't have to risk my life working next to the highway

Thanks for the info. Looks like the wood I was moving doesn't weigh that much

I have an older Kubota 84hp size tractor with what we call a 4 in 1 bucket on it. I have used it to pull a lot of trees probably up to 6" diameter. I open the bucket and lift it up over the top of the trees down to the base, grab hold and then pull. Some bigger ones I might give a bit of a nudge but they usually come out roots and all.

Ken

Latest posts