Giant hornets in tree

Help Support CattleToday:

It could be worse. Both Maui Hawaii and parts of Florida are being over run with very large snails that are suspected of carrying and transmitting various diseases. .
giant snails.jpg

Oh NO!! GIANT SNAILS!! Walk for your lives!!!!

It could be worse. Both Maui Hawaii and parts of Florida are being over run with very large snails that are suspected of carrying and transmitting various diseases. .
View attachment 21178

Oh NO!! GIANT SNAILS!! Walk for your lives!!!!
Are they good to eat?

I just looked it up! They are edible...

Last edited:
I had hornets build a nest inside a hollow oak once….took a hand pump sprayer filled with Diazinon ,drove my truck up next to the tree. window cracked and stuffed rags around the opening poked the wand out, and loaded em up ..they were hitting the windows like someone throwing gravel ..but they were gone the next day..

Last edited:
If I can get one to
pose for a pic or a video of them I will.
If you can get a decent pic of one fairly close, you can upload on i-naturalist...someone there will probably know exactly what it is.

One possibility would be to mix up a strong mixture of water and dishwashing detergent...of course, you'll have to get close enough to douse them good. Perhaps a borrowed beekeeper's outfit and about a 2-gallon bucket of the soap/water mixture. I've used it on red wasps, paper wasps, and hornets and it worked pretty well. The soap in the water clogs the spiracles in their bodies that they use for breathing.