Natural Processes

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I am offended that someone wants the coast line moved that far east. I don't mind a good swim but this is the wrong time of the year for swimming. And those long living cows could put my bred heifer business out of business.

Dave":1xrs49cv said:
Well I am offended that someone wants the coast line moved that far east. I don't mind a good swim but this is the wrong time of the year for swimming. And those long living cows could put my bred heifer business out of business.
I'm with you Dave! The only thing that I really understand about this whole post is that "California" is going to drown!
Got any room on that Ark!? :lol:

With the rain we are having today, I am becoming a believer Ron. If we tip just a little the combination of that and the ocean just might do us in! :shock:

I normally don't, but I guess I'll take the bait this time:

I'm offended, when you compare my God to some mythical crap. You say you do this to stimulate intellectual debate. I'll call it what it's, you do this to stir up stink. You fancy yourself a smart man, you even hang it out there to make sure we know. You might find out on your death bed, you had a little left to learn.

Bigfoot":dx4xlbps said:

I'm offended, when you compare my God to some mythical crap. You say you do this to stimulate intellectual debate. I'll call it what it's, you do this to stir up stink. You fancy yourself a smart man, you even hang it out there to make sure we know. You might find out on your death bed, you had a little left to learn.

OR he wants to believe, a doubting Thomas, and is simply throwing out challenges. He wants help believing. The one one you should be worried about is branguscowgirl. She's fancying silver snakes and wants a bite of your apple.

Bigfoot":2x6ayl1r said:

Let's debate what is going to happen on my death bed. :D The more passionate the debate, the more entertaining. But your offense is not that interesting.

James T":3gzdjivj said:
Bigfoot":3gzdjivj said:

OR he wants to believe, a doubting Thomas, and is simply throwing out challenges. He wants help believing. The one one you should be worried about is branguscowgirl. She's fancying silver snakes and wants a bite of your apple.

James, I normally don't like to speculate but my non-believing convictions are probably stronger that 99% of the believer's convictions.

inyati13":3uuhu6d8 said:
James T":3uuhu6d8 said:
Bigfoot":3uuhu6d8 said:

James, I normally don't like to speculate but my non-believing convictions are probably stronger that 99% of the believer's convictions.

Then why do you keeping bringing it up Ron? There's no shame in saying you have serious doubts. I have had my share too and I can't stand religious party clubs. But I still believe. And I think you do to.

inyati13":38l2mhx1 said:
James T":38l2mhx1 said:
Bigfoot":38l2mhx1 said:

Ron, I doubt it. Your comments don't upset me, but I feel compassion for you. I can't imagine thinking life is worthless, with no eternal value. That's not why I think you don't follow your convictions however.

I think you don't follow your convictions that life is random with no creator and no author of life and the value it holds, because you stated yourself that you cared "hurt" that Kris hurt. That makes no sense in a world that is just a rock floating through space with no end game.

Do not doubt him CF. He is a man of very strong faith. To believe, and believe is what he does because there is nothing that he can prove or disprove, is to have faith. Not only does he have faith he also preaches what he believes. What does he believe? That everything came from nothing. He can go on and on about evolution but evolution does not explain the beginning only the results of the beginning in his opinion. To believe that everything came from nothing and evolved into this world is extreme faith. Yes I'll admit that his faith is probably stronger than mine because I can't even begin to wrap my mind around something coming from nothing. So my hats off to him. :tiphat:

James T":8czbega9 said:
Bigfoot":8czbega9 said:

Wait a minute James, how did I get drug into this!? :shock: The only part that I commented on was CA going into the ocean!
I think that maybe you are confusing me with cowgirl8s comment!

I don't think debate is what your after, but I'll give you what I think you want. Just like atheist come in 57 flavors, Christians do to. Some promote tolerance, I ain't the tolerating kind. Infact I've tolerated all the poking with a stick that aim to from you. You get on here, and drop your comments, and make your point. That's all well and good. We live in a free country, and we're all born with a free will. You think what you want, and I'll think what I want. I am telling you it's offensive when you make analogies like that. There are literal floods of things I could say just to Get a rise out of you. It wouldn't accomplish anything, so why should I do it? Further more, I wouldn't get on here, and disrespect somebody like that.

PS to all:
I'm normally not like this. Not sure what got into me.

branguscowgirl":3jxr7ut4 said:
James T":3jxr7ut4 said:
Bigfoot":3jxr7ut4 said:

Wait a minute James, how did I get drug into this!? :shock: The only part that I commented on was CA going into the ocean!

My dad always said that nothing good would come out of hanging out in bad places. ;-)

Oh wait, I didn't mean to get this thread off track. :D

branguscowgirl":rtixxz48 said:
James T":rtixxz48 said:
Bigfoot":rtixxz48 said:

Dang it, dang it, your right. Edit, edit.

As Marvin Zindler once said "It's hell to be old". Or dyslexic!

Bigfoot":13h8h70x said:
I don't think debate is what your after, but I'll give you what I think you want. Just like atheist come in 57 flavors, Christians do to. Some promote tolerance, I ain't the tolerating kind. Infact I've tolerated all the poking with a stick that aim to from you. You get on here, and drop your comments, and make your point. That's all well and good. We live in a free country, and we're all born with a free will. You think what you want, and I'll think what I want. I am telling you it's offensive when you make analogies like that. There are literal floods of things I could say just to Get a rise out of you. It wouldn't accomplish anything, so why should I do it? Further more, I wouldn't get on here, and disrespect somebody like that.

PS to all:
I'm normally not like this. Not sure what got into me.

Bigfoot, your offense is noted. As an Atheist, I have never been offended by Christians who make disparaging remarks about my Atheism. Your offense does not repeal my personal believe that your God is a myth.

But enough of excuses, what authority are you assuming when you make this a personal issue between you and I? Seems like you are the one who decided this was directed at you. I am looking forward to how you handle this, "Infact I've tolerated all the poking with a stick that aim to from you." Good luck.

inyati13":1ic8zso6 said:
greybeard":1ic8zso6 said:
I didn't know a cow could live that long........... :mrgreen:

Gandalf huh?
Is that some sort of a code word for God, and this is really just some lightly veiled attack on some peoples' religious beliefs?

GB, this should be read in the context of other threads for it to be fully appreciated. I use Gandalf as a proxy for God. A person's vision of God is personal and likely based on one's experiences, the way one processes information,etc. I offered this as my personal vision of God and the nature in which I perceive him. Gandalf comes pretty close to how I perceive him.

I would define my message not as an attack but as a personal expression of my philosophical veiw of the Christian Doctrine. I think that is within my right. In the same way it is within the right of others who come here and express themselves on the subject of spiritual matters. None of those expressions have in the slightest way offended me. That anyone is offended by my expression of my thoughts is a problem for the one offended, not I.
Why say anything--what's the end game?--what do you achieve or get out of it?

There is only 2 sides on this coin. We could flip it all night, and never find the third.

Latest posts