Natural Processes

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
There is a process going on in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The process is called sea floor spreading. Magma wells up from the core of the earth and the forces pushes new sea floor out along the mid Pacific rift. The new sea floor pushes plates of earth out laterally in a process called plate tectonics. One of those plates engages the west coast of the US. As the plate pushes downward on the California coast, it is causing a rift inland that endangers the State of California. This is a natural process of force beyond our imagination on a planetary scale. Gandalf is not the force behind this. It is a natural process.

The Appalachian Mountains are one of the oldest mountain ranges on earth. Estimated to be 480 million years old. Mountain ranges are built by a natural process called orogeny. Orogeny is the result of the engagement of tectonic plates much like sea floor spreading. When these plates engage, it results in a large structural deformation of the Earth's lithosphere (crust and uppermost mantle). Gandalf did not do it. It is a natural process.

The Appalachian mountains were once higher than the Rocky Mountains but 480 million years of a natural process called erosion has reduced them to a fraction of their previous grandeur. Gandalf didn't do it, it is the result of 480 million years of rain, wind, and mass wasting.

This thread is for my very good friends who I know will appreciate the philosophical origins of this message. I sincerely appreciate the thinkers who come to this forum. That is not sarcasm. It is sincere. I stay here because I respect and enjoy the users who come to this forum. There are many knowledgeable interesting users who provide a little entertainment as we all journey through the days we have on this exquistite planet. Then there are the others. :lol:

If the plate tectonic hits the CA. Will enough of the coast line slip into the Pacific for the state to become a red state? Maybe there's hope yet, that the left coast could become a conservative state.If you have any pull in this matter please have this completed by 2016.

Cowgirl I'm surprised either you or anyone in your family does not do tectonics better :)

Ditto on the SF and LA slipping in before 16'

Gandalf huh. You do know Tolkien was a true believer don't you?

I was wondering the other day why I haven't heard anything out of you in a while. I guess the long nights are giving you more time to think. Be careful Ron, thinking can be bad for a pagan. ;-)

Natural processes are God processes. How do I know? Because they have order and purpose. If they were a random process they would be chaotic.

God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed the breath of life into him and man became a living being. He called the man Adam. Adam probably looked like a fully grown and developed man or at least like a teenager yet he was one day old. The young appeared old. If God can do this with a living creature then He can surely do it with a planet and a universe. After Adam sinned and was cast from Eden he began to age and at that same time so did the earth. So the earth is ageing and changing in appearance.

AllForage":3hdrtyag said:
Cowgirl I'm surprised either you or anyone in your family does not do tectonics better :)

Ditto on the SF and LA slipping in before 16'
To be honest, at 4am, this was way too deep thinking for me.. After the first few words i was reading BLAH BLAH BLAH I'M SO SMART BLAH.....and his voice is like Elmer Fudds when i read what he says.................now that's sarcasm.... :lol2:

And …… what's your point? I know about plate tectonics. You been smoking' some of that wacky tabacy again????? :lol:

We can only hope that Arizona becomes the new western coast line.

Ron,

I guess I'm one of the illiterates here, you talking about that Lord of the Rings stuff?

Ron thank you very much for that little geology lesson. I dont' care what Cowgirl8 says you are still my favorite crazy person. Even if you do raise the wrong breed of cattle.

Deepsouth":2691j765 said:

I was wondering the other day why I haven't heard anything out of you in a while. I guess the long nights are giving you more time to think. Be careful Ron, thinking can be bad for a pagan. ;-)

Natural processes are God processes. How do I know? Because they have order and purpose. If they were a random process they would be chaotic.

God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed the breath of life into him and man became a living being. He called the man Adam. Adam probably looked like a fully grown and developed man or at least like a teenager yet he was one day old. The young appeared old. If God can do this with a living creature then He can surely do it with a planet and a universe. After Adam sinned and was cast from Eden he began to age and at that same time so did the earth. So the earth is ageing and changing in appearance.

Natural processes are often characterized by random events. I suppose even chaos. Consider a fundamental concept of the science of Biology. First a preface, at the graduate level, a student finds himself no longer memorizing the number of segments in a grasshopper's abdomen, but the graduate professor forces the student to push further. One of those concepts is at the heart of your misunderstanding as I marked in bold above. Life is an experiment. Structures, organ systems, biochemical pathways are always being tested in every organism. It may be considered random but only those that offer advantages are selected for. Thus, if it does not work it is eliminated in the process of Natural Selection. I cannot covey to you a lifetime of knowledge with the limitations of a forum. All I can do is tell you that if you had been a student of the natural processes by which life works it's miracles, you would not come to the conclusions that you do. What is more is this, when those random processes get some intellectual guidance, the miracle is magnified.

Consider this: in only a short time man through selective breeding accelerated the process of evolution by directing the genetic pairings of the original Bos taurus into all the various breeds of cattle. I often look at the evolution of the domestic dog and marvel at how man has taken Canus lupus from its original wolf characteristics to all the various bizarre breeds of dogs. There are no better examples of evolution than man's selective breeding of domestic animals. The same process occurs in the crucible of the natural world. Think on this! Take the afternoon and ponder this, Deepsouth! Nature cannot fail. It must produce that organism which will survive selective pressure. The defective ones are eliminated. That assures the success of those that have the traits that are an advantage in the niche where they compete. Success in nature is a demand. Failure is eliminated as the fossil record will attest.

inyati13":20d748b5 said:
Deepsouth":20d748b5 said:

Natural processes are often characterized by random events. I suppose even chaos. Consider a fundamental concept of the science of Biology. First a preface, at the graduate level, a student finds himself no longer memorizing the number of segments in a grasshopper's abdomen, but the graduate professor forces the student to push further. One of those concepts is at the heart of your misunderstanding as I marked in bold above. Life is an experiment. Structures, organ systems, biochemical pathways are always being tested in every organism. It may be considered random but only those that offer advantages are selected for. Thus, if it does not work it is eliminated in the process of Natural Selection. I cannot covey to you a lifetime of knowledge with the limitations of a forum. All I can do is tell you that if you had been a student of the natural processes by which life works it's miracles, you would not come to the conclusions that you do.

Ron this may come as a surprise to you but I am a certified Master naturalist.

What is more is this, when those random processes get some intellectual guidance, the miracle is magnified.

Consider this: in only a short time man through selective breeding accelerated the process of evolution by directing the genetic pairings of the original Bos taurus into all the various breeds of cattle. I often look at the evolution of the domestic dog and marvel at how man has taken Canus lupus from its original wolf characteristics to all the various bizarre breeds of dogs. There are no better examples of evolution than man's selective breeding of domestic animals. The same process occurs in the crucible of the natural world. Think on this! Take the afternoon and ponder this, Deepsouth! Nature cannot fail. It must produce that organism which will survive selective pressure. The defective ones are eliminated. That assures the success of those that have the traits that are an advantage in the niche where they compete. Success in nature is a demand. Failure is eliminated as the fossil record will attest.

After thousands of years of breeding a cow is still a cow and a dog is still a dog.

I didn't know a cow could live that long........... :mrgreen:

Gandalf huh?
Is that some sort of a code word for God, and this is really just some lightly veiled attack on some peoples' religious beliefs?

greybeard":28f4fqzg said:

Gandalf huh?
Is that some sort of a code word for God, and this is really just some lightly veiled attack on some peoples' religious beliefs?

Yes, Gandalf was him referring to God.

I don't think he's attacking as much as just trying to stir something up. I gave him what he was looking for.

greybeard":17e4n5ys said:

Gandalf huh?

You have to have the right breed of cow but 3 way thinks Ron is raising the wrong breed?

lavacarancher":17e4n5ys said:
We can only hope that Arizona becomes the new western coast line.

Wait a minute here. I only live about 40 miles from the coast as it is now. Are you telling me to start building an Ark?

greybeard":3t4hpqvm said:

Gandalf huh?

GB, this should be read in the context of other threads for it to be fully appreciated. I use Gandalf as a proxy for God. A person's vision of God is personal and likely based on one's experiences, the way one processes information,etc. I offered this as my personal vision of God and the nature in which I perceive him. Gandalf comes pretty close to how I perceive him.

I would define my message not as an attack but as a personal expression of my philosophical veiw of the Christian Doctrine. I think that is within my right. In the same way it is within the right of others who come here and express themselves on the subject of spiritual matters. None of those expressions have in the slightest way offended me. That anyone is offended by my expression of my thoughts is a problem for the one offended, not I.

Latest posts