Name that bull

Help Support CattleToday:

capt":17cejiq5 said:
H76, nope i remembered red bear 51 and what the adv z146 cattle were like. we used an arrow son in the early eighties. Left us easy fleshing wide based cows made like a tank that milked very well and were super protective mothers.

Go back and look at that picture of the d advance 304 in the "6 year old Hereford bull" thread and look at the resemblence - pretty neat. I'd like someone to post some pictures of those cows or talk more about them.

If my very limited spanish is accurate at all, your hint of the "moose of the prairie" didn't help me any.

"Prairie Moose" is what he was called. JE Lamp 4something was the bull (can't remember right now)- maybe too unkown I guess.

Stockman12 the picture you posted isn't very clear and pretty small for me to guess. Anyone out there that can make it bigger??

Making it bigger wouldn't help me - don't know. i'd guess a line 1 bull though...

capt

here are a few for the polled guys - since we have a picture of a holden bull up there that still hasn't been named.

bull 10
bull16.jpg

bull 11
bull13.jpg

bull 12
bull10.jpg

KNERSIE":31fhmbq7 said:
10 is Keynote 20X - right

11 Looks like 15G - nope

Aaron":31fhmbq7 said:
#10 - Keynote - right
#11 - Determination 15G - wrong
#12 - Remitall Teamster - wrong

clues
#11 FHR -r----t-r 030

#12 Gold Bar -r---l-r 114W

who is the "easy" bull that stockman put up there - i've seen the picture before somewhere. i just don't know L1's.

#12 Gold Bar Wrangler 114W

Not familiar with the bull. Rifle and Godfather were the two Gold Bar bulls that really ever stuck in my mind. :cowboy:

>>I guess I need to call Jay Middleswarth. <<

Here is what Middleswarth wrote about D4 in one of their ads (and I quote):

"The reference point, the landmark - around which most modern day Herefords revolve. As great a bull as ever drew a breath"

Bull #13 Don't have a clue

Bull #14 I have this same picture on my old computor for some reason.
Sunburst Roundup 302R

Bull #15. Easy one. Ascendant Y26

I was going to guess Felton breeding but by the looks of the vehicle in the background it looks a "little" older than that. Maybe another hint?

Not Felton. Bull was born in the 40s. He's the herd sire of a Hall of Fame breeder in the southeast. His dam was 62.5% Prince Domino blood.

capt wrote:
H76, nope i remembered red bear 51 and what the adv z146 cattle were like. we used an arrow son in the early eighties. Left us easy fleshing wide based cows made like a tank that milked very well and were super protective mothers.

Go back and look at that picture of the d advance 304 in the "6 year old Hereford bull" thread and look at the resemblence - pretty neat. I'd like someone to post some pictures of those cows or talk more about them.

You can see more of the Deewall cows (and bulls) on their web site: http://www.deewallherefords.com
I was fortunate enough to purchase two heifers from them last year and I purchased a bull from them a few years back. I couldn't be happier with their performance. Send me a private email if I can answer any specific questions for you.

JH

Latest posts