Bull baby setting

Help Support CattleToday:

tcolvin

Reaction score
Does anyone else ever find their Bull baby setting a less than month old calf? Mom no where to be seen at the time but daddy has baby standing right up next to him. I have seen mind do this many a times. One day last week a 3 week old was laying right next to him, both where laying down sunning I guess, no other cows around, Just those two. It's just comical to see for me. Daddy baby setting. I see the mamas baby set another calf a lot of times but when you see your Bull doing it I find it amusing. Daddy is helping raise his kid. taking on responsibilty. Lol

Is it a bull calf or heifer? I have bull calves that follow the bull around, hanging out with the big boy, getting tips on how it is done.

Ken
It's a bull calf this week. Next week he will start to be a steer calf. Wonder if he'll still hang out with daddy? 🤔🤫😑

I have a bull that would always babysit the calves while he was a yearling and two year old. He doesn't seem to do it as much anymore, but he would often be laying with a group of 5 or 6 calves while the cows were off grazing.