MYTTY IN FOCUS quit producing

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
Its true, they say they hope he starts producing again but as of now they won't take any more orders on him. He is nine so it wouldn't surprise me if he was done. If he is done what is his price going to do?

I think he came to the realization he's been bred to every darn Angus cow in existence and decided his work here is done.

I think he came to the realization he's been bred to every darn Angus cow in existence and decided his work here is done.

Why stop now there are plenty of cows of other breeds that need bred?

Third Row":pg5qeqir said:

He didn't breed any Angus cows on this place.

Beef11":1yxfazrt said:
Its true, they say they hope he starts producing again but as of now they won't take any more orders on him. He is nine so it wouldn't surprise me if he was done. If he is done what is his price going to do?
with all the folks who are hooked on him no telling,,, its like a drug dealer give em the first hit or too then stand back

Beef11":34znrx9q said:

Why stop now there are plenty of cows of other breeds that need bred?

If I was Mitty in Focus, I would prefer to be more in touch with my job. Or maybe he feels the staff at the stud is too hands on for his liking?

Maybe his special teaser passed on-collecting bulls is a science all onto it's own-some have only one teaser they'll perform with.

Frankie":lm2ytnvv said:
Third Row":lm2ytnvv said:

You finally break down and buy a real bull? i.e. Hereford.

cfpinz":1afgok3s said:
Frankie":1afgok3s said:
Third Row":1afgok3s said:

Nope. I want to have a market for the ones we haul to the sale barn. :)

Frankie":3dd2ygbx said:
cfpinz":3dd2ygbx said:
Frankie":3dd2ygbx said:

Can't see the forest for the trees, eh?

If they're going to the sale barn, why scoff your nose at hybrid vigor? Has the angus association proven it doesn't exist?

Nope. I want to have a market for the ones we haul to the sale barn. :)[/quote]

If they're going to the sale barn, why scoff your nose at hybrid vigor? Has the angus association proven it doesn't exist?[/quote]...... thats the way id view it.. as a commercial man the only thing better then the two are the F1s they produce

cfpinz":19jkkvi2 said:
Frankie":19jkkvi2 said:
cfpinz":19jkkvi2 said:

If they're going to the sale barn, why scoff your nose at hybrid vigor? Has the angus association proven it doesn't exist?

If I sell them at the sale barn, what does using a Herefrod bull do for me? Will I have a few more pounds at weaning? I doubt it. I haven't been to the sale in a while, but I think prices for good straight black cattle are still very good across the board. In fact, there was a study done here in OK a while back that showed discounts for hereford cattle in sale barns. Since you seem to be looking for an argument, should I see if I can find a link?

I don't think you'll find anyone at the American Angus Assn who denys heterosis can be a benefit in the cow herd. The question is how much benefit, as opposed to breeding for high quality beef?

Frankie,

what do you have against Mytty??

just curious....

I've seen some very nice calves out of him... including the 2 yearlings we just bought!

LazyARanch":2ok1p6eo said:
Frankie,

just curious....

Many of them just don't seem to have the muscling and frame that I like. Lots of people like him and I've seen some sell very well, but he's just not something we wanted to use.

Frankie":1k4ehsnl said:
LazyARanch":1k4ehsnl said:
Frankie,

just curious....

Many of them just don't seem to have the muscling and frame that I like. Lots of people like him and I've seen some sell very well, but he's just not something we wanted to use.
friend of mine has a young bull calf from him thats a dandy

Frankie":1t903eql said:
If I sell them at the sale barn, what does using a Herefrod bull do for me? Will I have a few more pounds at weaning? I doubt it. I haven't been to the sale in a while, but I think prices for good straight black cattle are still very good across the board. In fact, there was a study done here in OK a while back that showed discounts for hereford cattle in sale barns. Since you seem to be looking for an argument, should I see if I can find a link?

I was referring to baldies, not straight herfs. Find all the links you want, there's no substitute for experience - which you stated above that you do not have. Not looking for an arguement, just get tired of your b.s.

alacattleman":x5fq6hjd said:

To look at MIF I wouldn't give you a nickel for his semen, but the wife and I have seen some eye-catchers out of him. More often than not, too.

cfpinz":ia4uuic0 said:
alacattleman":ia4uuic0 said:

To look at MIF I wouldn't give you a nickel for his semen, but the wife and I have seen some eye-catchers out of him. More often than not, too.
thats what i thought

cfpinz":29qji18n said:
I was referring to baldies, not straight herfs. Find all the links you want, there's no substitute for experience - which you stated above that you do not have. Not looking for an arguement, just get tired of your b.s.

MY BS? Jeeze, you jump into a thread aimed at ANGUS breeders and suggest that I use a "real" bull, a Hereford, and say I'm slinging BS? What would you say if I jumped into some of the Hereford threads going on this board and suggested those guys should be using "real bulls", an Angus? I'm sure you would welcome me with open arms? :roll:

I don't have a LOT of experience, I guess. :roll: We've ONLY been raising registered Angus 20 years and ran commercial cattle before that. But if I only got into the cattle business yesterday, it only takes one visit to the sale barn to see what sells best.

Latest posts