My Southern friends - you've been warned

Help Support CattleToday:

Jlane":2yhccvej said:
I'm in Virginia right now...90% chance of snow tomorrow morning. Its gonna be too cold for this Florida boy.

yes it is 3-6" is what we are supposed to get my guys are treating the roads now and I am late I just got my plow on and filled up jumped on here while the trucks warming up. We will be treating roads all night get home in the morning sleep till the snow starts midday... I hope everyone makes through the storm safely and no damage and cattle make it fine and dandy ttyl...

Well, I sat outside on the tailgate of the truck for about an hour tonight around 9 p.m. - actually had a beer while I was there chatting with the neighbour. It is a bit cool but certainly nothing to really get THAT excited about - did not even have my gloves on.

Cows were standing at the water trough and the snow was drifting a bit - but you know, it is kind of pretty to watch it swirl around in the yard light.

Can't be more than minus 5 or at the outside minus 10 F right now.

All I can say is if you find it cold be sure to wear a hat - that is where you lose most of the body heat

Throw another log on the fire and be happy - life is good.

Bez

Aaron":2g8j7fwm said:
The cold weather is returning next week.

Environment Canada meteorologist Jeff Coulson said the same kind of system will head south, from the Arctic, next week.

"We are seeing a pipeline setting up of very, very cold Arctic air, starting in the far north of the country," he said.

When the arctic air ends up in Florida, what winter weather is left for Canada?

Stocker Steve":1vph4sqg said:
Aaron":1vph4sqg said:
The cold weather is returning next week.

Environment Canada meteorologist Jeff Coulson said the same kind of system will head south, from the Arctic, next week.

"We are seeing a pipeline setting up of very, very cold Arctic air, starting in the far north of the country," he said.

Well, I have spent a little time in your state in the middle of winter and it is at times very similar to us up here in Canada.

It seems there is enough of that weather to spread around - so we believe we should "share the wealth!" LOL

Only minus 20 F this morning and no wind - had my coffee on the back deck while checking the cows as they came up for a little water and some corn the wife was giving them.

Bez

john250":2fijvxu7 said:
MistyMorning":2fijvxu7 said:
It's starting............I'm pretty sure I'm going to go postal this round!

Darlin' speaking softly, you went postal a long time ago. "Snowbound"? Y'all have festivals on frozen lakes. Put on the "underArmour" and get out there. :D

Under Armour sucks, What a racket they got going though. -30F no wind this AM!

snake67":1h9kji8l said:
Stocker Steve":1h9kji8l said:
Well, I have spent a little time in your state in the middle of winter and it is at times very similar to us up here in Canada.
It seems there is enough of that weather to spread around - so we believe we should "share the wealth!" LOL Bez

When the polar vortex sucks like this much, I assumed some warm air must be back filling into Canada ?

Stocker Steve":urof819r said:
snake67":urof819r said:
Stocker Steve":urof819r said:
It seems there is enough of that weather to spread around - so we believe we should "share the wealth!" LOL Bez

When the polar vortex sucks like this much, I assumed some warm air must be back filling into Canada ?

LOL

Polar vortex - I wonder how long that sexy new term will last?

Nope - it just drags all that Russian cold air over the top.

Now the enviro-nazis are claiming that this cold is a result of global warming in other parts of the world.

I wonder when they will actually realize that there used to be Viking farms (big ones) in Greenland?

When they re-open Greenland to farming again I will figure we are back on an even keel with where we once were a thousand years ago.

Bez

I got home from treating this morning at 530 am just woke up by the phone and them telling me come back in its snowing like crazy said tomorrow it will feel like -8 everythings plugged in here.

Stocker Steve":uwhia787 said:
When the polar vortex sucks like this much, I assumed some warm air must be back filling into Canada?

LOL

Polar vortex - I wonder how long that sexy new term will last?

Nope - it just drags all that Russian cold air over the top.

Now the enviro-nazis are claiming that this cold is a result of global warming in other parts of the world.

I wonder when they will actually realize that there used to be Viking farms (big ones) in Greenland?

When they re-open Greenland to farming again I will figure we are back on an even keel with where we once were a thousand years ago. Bez[/quote]

So all the warm air is in Siberia? Sounds like a Commie conspiracy !!! We need to get the UN going on this.

I saw some video on the (heavily subsidized) farming in Greenland. They unloaded a Krone round baler off a barge to make round bales for some sheep in a back bay that also had no roads and no trees... Jim G needs to calculate the cost per ton for that.

Yep, it seems my previous and optimistic post has been negated by the latest forecasts. Freezing rain and sleet here thursday night and Friday.
We'll see. Last time it snowed here in my yard to any degree was 2009.

1509994_10100948414351912_1476916393_n.jpg

Mean while I am having highs in the upper 40's and lows around 30. Light clouds with scattered sun breaks. The ten day forecast only has one day with a little light rain. It is looking like January where I normally average over 8 inches of rain, will have a total less than half the normal.

Watching the weather report today and they say a warm front heading our way from Hawiai
said the "pineapple express is going to warm us up" +7c in January who would think that in the frozen north?

Looks like my area is not going to get any moisture and I'm really happy with that. Started out at 41 this morning and now we're at 25 with a wind chill of 13. Sounds like I may be back in short sleeves on Saturday.

Just rain here and hard N wind, tho the latest and greatest weather liar sez:
Thursday Night
nt_sleet
Cloudy with a mixture of winter precipitation. Low around 30F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow and ice expected.

Latest posts