my poor poor husband

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":j25glqjj said:
Happens to all of us and it is very discouraging. If anyone in the area has a wrapper for haylege, it might be helpful. One year I fluffed a field 7 times before I could finally bale it. Almost just threw a match on it. :mad:

That happened to me last week. no rain for two months then I had a clear window to bale. baler broke.... then broke again.... then the rain came. Flipped it 5 times in five days, finally got a window and baled it, but some was still damp so I'm feeding it and maybe get another round out of the pasture I just cut.

A candle light dinner would be one way to handle it...... Or you could say "Just suck it up" like my wife does and proceed to tell hour upon hour of childhood dairy disasters....

MikeC":ss0xi78r said:
Anyone want to go fishing?!

I'll get in if you furnish the beer. Specially if you got them fish with teefies!

MikeC I'll furnish the beer. If you want to fish for the ones with teeth though ~ you have to bait my hook. I can put a worm on, but the minnow....
I can hear them screaming.

The Bachelor":2eo1qpza said:
Jogeephus":2eo1qpza said:
Happens to all of us and it is very discouraging. If anyone in the area has a wrapper for haylege, it might be helpful. One year I fluffed a field 7 times before I could finally bale it. Almost just threw a match on it. :mad:

That happened to me last week. no rain for two months then I had a clear window to bale. baler broke.... then broke again.... then the rain came. Flipped it 5 times in five days, finally got a window and baled it, but some was still damp so I'm feeding it and maybe get another round out of the pasture I just cut.

A candle light dinner would be one way to handle it...... Or you could say "Just suck it up" like my wife does and proceed to tell hour upon hour of childhood dairy disasters....
I completely understand where your wife is coming from.

Oldtimer":1odb17sk said:
I luv herfrds":1odb17sk said:
Sounds good!
Too hot to haul hay, it's over 100F.
Husband can't get out door work done in this, so he is camped downstairs. He got sirloin steak, potato/onion bake and a fruit pizza. He's happy. :D

Sounds good- but just too hot to feel like eating anything :roll: ;-)

We're irrigating hayfields- and it almost kills you to get out of the air conditioned house and check water...Wish some of those storms they're predicting for tonite would dump a couple inchs of rain-- but they say they are pretty dry and will probably only give us wind and lightning...Thats all that we got out of last nights storm..
I thought the humidity was low up there. So if the temperature is 100 with low humidity, then the heat index should only be close to 100. Where is the problem? :lol2:

I sure hate to burst every ones bubble. :) But 2" of rain in last 18 hrs, the grass is green and growing (even the yard dang it), the corn and beans look real good, the calves look dang good. I guess life is good. :D :D :D

Ryder":2zmz42vh said:
Oldtimer":2zmz42vh said:
I luv herfrds":2zmz42vh said:
Sounds good!
Too hot to haul hay, it's over 100F.
Husband can't get out door work done in this, so he is camped downstairs. He got sirloin steak, potato/onion bake and a fruit pizza. He's happy. :D

Sounds good- but just too hot to feel like eating anything :roll: ;-)

We're irrigating hayfields- and it almost kills you to get out of the air conditioned house and check water...Wish some of those storms they're predicting for tonite would dump a couple inchs of rain-- but they say they are pretty dry and will probably only give us wind and lightning...Thats all that we got out of last nights storm..
I thought the humidity was low up there. So if the temperature is 100 with low humidity, then the heat index should only be close to 100. Where is the problem? :lol2:

Well 100 is plumb hot enough for this old fatman when I have to run an irrigating shovel.. :shock: Things never did fit my hands... ;-)

Today was better- clouded over and high around 90...Radar showed it was raining all day- but none ever hit the ground...Weather boys said it was all evaporating before it hit the ground...But downright muggy....

I just wish it would set in and rain-- we'd gladly take just part of that 2" Angus Guy...

Can't have the rain now OT. The combines have started.
We just cut 55 bushel an acre of hard red winter wheat. Not bad.

Latest posts