my poor poor husband

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
okay so everyday he has tried to make hay and every day it has rained. If it did not rain before he started to cut it rained that night. Not one bit of hay that has been baled has not had some rain.
After lunch today he was planning to bale some hay that had been rained on twice. No sooner did he start the tractor it is now raining. And it looks like it is here for the day.
He said..."that's it!!I'm not haying anymore."
Poor poor husband.

Happens to all of us and it is very discouraging. If anyone in the area has a wrapper for haylege, it might be helpful. One year I fluffed a field 7 times before I could finally bale it. Almost just threw a match on it. :mad:

You should fix him a candlelit dinner or something to take his mind of the hay. :)

Wish it would rain. It is 100 degrees right now.
Forcasting thunder storms tonight. Better get my fire boots out and be ready.
Cross your fingers nothing starts.

That really sucks, the only problem I had was when I was mowing hay, it started to rain so i stopped and then I just went out and went out to finish an hour after the rain quit.

I luv herfrds":pstt13g1 said:
Wish it would rain. It is 100 degrees right now.
Forcasting thunder storms tonight. Better get my fire boots out and be ready.
Cross your fingers nothing starts.

I'm with you!! Would take some rain right now. Crops and pastures are looking pretty sad right now. And you are right about that storm, here it is..

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/inte ... ayer=radar

Just cross your fingers on the fire thing, we did that last Friday here with the last storm....

Had a dry lighting storm roll over us last Saturday. Luckily nothing was touching down from the clouds, it all stayed above us. The combines are rolling out now just to the north of us.
I sure won't rest easy until we get a little rain.

Rockridge so what else is he getting besides pie? T-bones or sirloin? Baked or mashed potatos? Salad?

No trouble with rain up here 8)
Just wish we had some hay to put up. :shock:

Yuck! We need rain in our neck of the Mn woods! Our neighborhood hays together so it seems like if we are not baling our own, we are baling for someone else, or raking or something like that. But ~ they do for us so that's nice. Told my husband if i don't get him off the tractor and into a fishing boat soon i am going to have someone else take me fishng :) Anyone want to go fishing?!

angie":1bwwwhsd said:
Yuck! We need rain in our neck of the Mn woods! Our neighborhood hays together so it seems like if we are not baling our own, we are baling for someone else, or raking or something like that. But ~ they do for us so that's nice. Told my husband if i don't get him off the tractor and into a fishing boat soon i am going to have someone else take me fishng :) Anyone want to go fishing?!

If your fishing is anything like that I experienced north of Ely, I'll take him. I walk up there if I have to as well. Fantastic fishing. Didn't exactly know what I was catching at the time but they were big and had teethies. :oops: :lol:

I wish I knew a rain dance. Our hay and pastures aren't growing and the corn next to us is starting to turn yellow and the bottom leaves. Some corn fields around here are excellent, but right next to them they are wilting. I've seen people cutting alfalfa for the second time this past week, but it didn't look like the tonnage was there.

I understand how you feel. Last year, well since 2003 we had been where you are now. I think in '04 it was okay. But last year it was bad, so i kinda know how you feel. If i could send it to you i would. right now we would give almost anything for 'some' heat to make the pasture grow and the haying to get done.
I Luv Herfords, he got BBQ ribs- spicy and homemade, garlic baked potato and corn.

Jogeephus":38kmghk5 said:
angie":38kmghk5 said:

If your fishing is anything like that I experienced north of Ely, I'll take him. I walk up there if I have to as well. Fantastic fishing. Didn't exactly know what I was catching at the time but they were big and had teethies. :oops: :lol:

Ely huh? You probably went right by my place. Did you notice a scrawny herd grazing on what looked like a gravel pit. ;-)
But we have had plenty of fish dinners. :D

Sounds good!
Too hot to haul hay, it's over 100F.
Husband can't get out door work done in this, so he is camped downstairs. He got sirloin steak, potato/onion bake and a fruit pizza. He's happy. :D

I luv herfrds":68qc9kr5 said:
Sounds good!
Too hot to haul hay, it's over 100F.
Husband can't get out door work done in this, so he is camped downstairs. He got sirloin steak, potato/onion bake and a fruit pizza. He's happy. :D

Sounds good- but just too hot to feel like eating anything :roll: ;-)

We're irrigating hayfields- and it almost kills you to get out of the air conditioned house and check water...Wish some of those storms they're predicting for tonite would dump a couple inchs of rain-- but they say they are pretty dry and will probably only give us wind and lightning...Thats all that we got out of last nights storm..

rockridgecattle":1b46ycb7 said:
okay so everyday he has tried to make hay and every day it has rained. If it did not rain before he started to cut it rained that night. Not one bit of hay that has been baled has not had some rain.
After lunch today he was planning to bale some hay that had been rained on twice. No sooner did he start the tractor it is now raining. And it looks like it is here for the day.
He said..."that's it!!I'm not haying anymore."
Poor poor husband.
I know the problem. My dad's havin a heck of a time trying to bale. We had a drought then we had too much rain. rain that wouldn't stop. we sold our crappy baler and bought a baler that just as messed up as our old one. i don't know what we're going to do for hay this winter. it's crazy. Our hay field is battling with grazing land for the horse and cattle. I'm startin to get tired of weather.

Hit 104F yesterday and had a storm roll through. A little rain fell but not much. Did get to listen to a neighboring fire department fight a couple of fires though.