My new Wagyu bull

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
If you have great cows, you can breed them to a billy goat and should have decent calves. From what I have seen before, you have some nice cows.
And a billy goat Jeanne ????????

Ken
LOL Ken - you know what I mean!!! There are some bulls out there built like a billy goat!! LOL

Neighbor has about 120 Wagyu cows. He does a lot of embryo transplanting etc. Ships bulls and heifer all over the country. Your bull looks about like the ones he has. I helped wean and work the fall calves on Monday. Those fall calving cows are coming to my place in a couple days. They will stay up on the range land here until mid July.

My humble opinion of Wagyu cows is they are ugly and stupid. But the neighbor is making money on them so who is to argue.

My end goal is really good freezer beef for my family plus a friend or two. I'll be able to compare a full Beltie being butchered in September, to a cross being butchered next spring. I'll agree, they aren't the greatest looking cattle, but this guy has been nothing but a gentleman for me and my friend, and he's getting the job done.

Will you get 750# carcasses that grade Choice - Choice + at 12- 13 months of age?
If not, why do you need more marbling? I don't get it.
IMHO - you sacrifice too much in muscling & growth.
I will be interested in your Beltie's comparison. Do Belties" marble well? How old will your full Beltie getting butchered be compared to the cross?

Last week we moved (tried to move) 40 fall calving Wagyu cows off the pasture above my house on to BLM which is right next door. It was a rolling wreck. 3 good cowboys horseback, 4 good working dogs, and me on a quad. To say they don't gather and move like normal cows is an understatement. They don't bunch up and move like normal cattle. Four hours later there is still 2 cows on my place. Gathering the others off the BLM is going to be even more fun. As it is a whole lot more rugged on that side of the fence.
Then on Monday we hauled 140 +/- spring Wagyu pairs to their summer pasture. A semi and 2 goose necks making 3 trips each. Two cowboys at the corral sorting things for the next load. Another rolling wreck. It took 8 1/2 hours. We should have been done in 6 hours or less. If I never have to deal with another Wagyu cow in my life it will be just fine with me.

Latest posts