My kind of cow...

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
5 year old Beefmaster cow with a heifer calf at side. I love everything about this cow except the fact that I don't own her.

That is a nice looking cow. She wouldn't exactly blend in with the rest of my cows due to her color, but she'd still look good in my pasture.

Nice cow.....Our herds are primarily black, but we do have a few reds. We will keep a red if she looks like this. Bred to a black bull, they almost always give us a black calf. If you see a red cow in our herd, there is a reason she's there.

cowgirl8":21mdildl said:
Nice cow.....Our herds are primarily black, but we do have a few reds. We will keep a red if she looks like this. Bred to a black bull, they almost always give us a black calf. If you see a red cow in our herd, there is a reason she's there.

If you see a unicorn in my herd, there is also a reason he is there. :D ;-)

inyati13":1j7unoi3 said:
cowgirl8":1j7unoi3 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap:

inyati13":k51zm4m7 said:
cowgirl8":k51zm4m7 said:

LMAO :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

wacocowboy":zvep2nv8 said:
Where she at I am looking to buy a few like her she would fit perfect in my operation.

Look closely WC…that brand is like the one on your bull. She's up at Buster's. She's a daughter of the brindle bull I posted on here a couple of months ago.

Taurus":1vh17ocb said:
Best comeback from Ron I ever seen!!! Good one!

That's nice cow! Too bad I live up north and its -20F right now......

Taurus, it isn't Minnesota, but these same genetics seems to get along pretty well in the Colorado plains. I'm not sure what their temps are like, but I know they sure aren't like Texas.

cowgirl8":1grnrvei said:

Do you hold your reds to a higher standard? (and no, I'm not on that band wagon that's giving you a little grief…I'm really asking.)

EC

East Caney":3nrdchwp said:
wacocowboy":3nrdchwp said:
Where she at I am looking to buy a few like her she would fit perfect in my operation.

Look closely WC…that brand is like the one on your bull. She's up at Buster's. She's a daughter of the brindle bull I posted on here a couple of months ago.

Yeah took me a min to see that brand on her. I wish Buster was closer to me I wouldn't mind having some of his females. I called Frenzell the other day but he ain't got no girls for sale.

East Caney":28es5x08 said:
Taurus":28es5x08 said:

Taurus, it isn't Minnesota, but these same genetics seems to get along pretty well in the Colorado plains. I'm not sure what their temps are like, but I know they sure aren't like Texas.

Half Beefmaster or a quarter Brayma do great here.
Too much and they stand behind the windbreak with a hump in their back all winter.

skeeter swatter":3inx6yxt said:
East Caney":3inx6yxt said:
Taurus":3inx6yxt said:

Half Beefmaster or a quarter Brayma do great here.
Too much and they stand behind the windbreak with a hump in their back all winter.
Colorado winters ain't same as Minnesota winters, our winters are harsher and longer than Colorado winters. Pretty much you have to watered brahram genetics down. I noticed that the beefmasters, brangus and gerts in north have less leather and less ear than the norm for these breeds. Harsher winters that gets below -50F regularly is the main reason for me to not use them.

I'm thinking that I could breed Beefmasters in MN…mostly because I'd also be behind a windbreak with a hump in my back. I'd hate to have to go any further with temps equivalent to those you all speak of.

East Caney":boyz39xr said:
cowgirl8":boyz39xr said:

Do you hold your reds to a higher standard? (and no, I'm not on that band wagon that's giving you a little grief…I'm really asking.)

EC
Didn't that cowgirl8 has some spotted, brindled, grey and yellow cows as well?

East Caney":3p4tw4o8 said:
I'm thinking that I could breed Beefmasters in MN…mostly because I'd also be behind a windbreak with a hump in my back. I'd hate to have to go any further with temps equivalent to those you all speak of.
That said, I've seen nice Gert cows few years ago in southern MN. Super docile than most Angus cows and they were easy to loading up in the trailer. Don't know if they are purebred but I like them.

i knew without asking that it was a buster bred cow.since EC loves how buster breeds his cows.he does have a fine set of well bred reg beefmaster cows.

Latest posts