My bank screwed up and the teller wants me to pay-should I?

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn":v4gtnsfn said:
So I called the manager. He said that he was 95% certain that the extra 50.00 was credited on my transaction. I asked him if he ever had any problems with this teller and he said no. I then asked him what he wanted to do. He said the 50.00 didn't make a difference to the bank one way or the other. I told him to debit my account 50.00
Good on you. Since she was the only one to actually count the money hers is the most reliable account of what happened.

Since you're taking their word for how much there was on the front end, and it's their job to know (counting twice), I think I'd have had to split the difference ($25) with them if they could convince me the $50 shortage in her cash drawer was due to my transaction. Evidently you didn't count with her as she went through the PILES of money.

Were you chatting with her when she was counting it? Or since counting is such a big part of her job, is she just in the wrong business? Maybe she was distracted by your tight jeans? Rugged good looks? Big Wad of Cash?

Cuz

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3tzi2aew said:
msscamp":3tzi2aew said:
millstreaminn":3tzi2aew said:
Would you pay it back or make the bank eat it? :?:

I would have known the total of what I took in.
:nod: Never knew anyone to go to the bank and exchange cash or make a deposit without knowing how much money they had. That in itself sounds screwy to me. :roll:

Next time anyone does that, send the cash to me first. I'll then mail it back to you with a note detailing the EXACT amount you sent me. ;-) :lol:

Seriously though, I cashed a check once and later found I had twenty dollars extra. I went back to the bank and asked them if they came up short a couple of days ago and if so how much. They were 20 bucks shy and I gave them their money back. I've never heard of a bank teller stealing money but of course I don't think it is something a bank would ever advertise either and when you are dealing with people, anything is possible.

I would have known how much I had before i went to the bank, and I would definetely make it right. I highly doubt the teller is trying to rip you off, reputation is everything, and something little like this it isn't worth wrecking yours.

Gail

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":24jmjuak said:
msscamp":24jmjuak said:
millstreaminn":24jmjuak said:
Would you pay it back or make the bank eat it? :?:

I would have known the total of what I took in.
:nod: Never knew anyone to go to the bank and exchange cash or make a deposit without knowing how much money they had. That in itself sounds screwy to me. :roll:

You are absolutely right, I should have known the total I was exchanging. My fault. I would NEVER knowingly accept extra money from a bank or anyone else for that matter. With that being said, I just assume everyone else would be honest also. Anyway, the bank got a 50.00 out of me. I guess it isn't really going to make a difference one way or the other.

I am just wondering how someone manages to save up an extra fifty dollars anyway!!!

You are in the cattle business aren't you???

jw":1z4calv9 said:
I am just wondering how someone manages to save up an extra fifty dollars anyway!!!

You are in the cattle business aren't you???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not trying to be cruel but, how can you fail to count a deposit, and then criticize someone else for making an error.

Consider your self schooled for the low low cost of $50. You're lucky it wasn't a lot more

Latest posts