muck boots....uhh oh

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":2crgdi26 said:
M5farm":2crgdi26 said:
J&D Cattle":2crgdi26 said:
At least they set the record straight. I still don't like their boots.

never could afford those name brand boots, I use the black rubber boots from kmart

A man with a John Deere tractor and a fancy Dodge truck shouldn't have to rely on K-Mart boots.
Maybe after that fancy stuff that's all he can afford

TennesseeTuxedo":d0xqrvjj said:
M5farm":d0xqrvjj said:
J&D Cattle":d0xqrvjj said:
At least they set the record straight. I still don't like their boots.

never could afford those name brand boots, I use the black rubber boots from kmart

A man with a John Deere tractor and a fancy Dodge truck shouldn't have to rely on K-Mart boots.

I use the Old USED tractor to make money, I use the Nice USED DODGE TRUCK to make money. Rubber boots are rubber boots they keep your feet dry. I probably should not have said I could not afford them (but there was a time when I couldn't) I just cant see paying that kind of money for a boot that you use in mud,water,shyt, etc! when a 15 or 20$ pair will do the same thing. Now I will spend 200 $ on a pair of boots for work But They have to last 2 years of being worn everyday then they get retired to farm use for 2 years until I buy another new pair.

No take that JD tractor off the shelf and purse your lips together and make tractor sounds and pretend like your plowing the fields on your desk.

I wear them. They are good boots. My first pair lasted almost 4 years and my second pair is two years old.
They are comfortable.

Even with their recent 'apology', I still wanted to share this, I copied and pasted it from the Hoover ANGUS facebook page ....

Muck Boot Company Donates to HSUS

Here is what I wrote to the Muck Boot Company today:

As a farmer whose family has purchased Muck boots for many, many years, I was wholeheartedly disappointed to hear that Muck Boot Company donated to those who wish to put farmers and ranchers out of business - HSUS. Many farmerslike my family have been caretakers of the land and livestock for manygenerations - I am a 6th generation farmer myself. My family works 365days a year to care for our livestock. Unfortunately, HSUS portrays acompletely inaccurate picture of the care livestock farmers take of theirlivestock.

Contrary to what HSUS promotes, farmers and ranchersoften put their own bodies in harm's way to help their livestock in need. As anexample, just yesterday on our farm a 600 pound calf got her head stuck betweenthe bottom two rungs of a heavy steel gate. Every member of my family's crewgave their all to save her life, as time was running out. We managed to poundthe two pipes apart with a sledgehammer and lay her down to get her headunstuck. My battle wound is a 6" X 4" bruise on my leg, but Iwould do it all over again to save her life! This is NOT the story thatHSUS shares about modern day agriculture.

As a result of Muck Boot Company's donations to a"charity" that tries to put its customers out of business, we willmost likely never purchase Muck Boots again, nor will our employees. Ihave shared the story of Muck Boot Company's donation to over 1000 friends(mainly agriculturalists who purchase boots) on my Facebook page.

We ask that before making charitable contributions inthe future, you research the charity (or as in HSUS' case, scamming company) towhich you are donating so you do not slap your customers in the face. Whynot donate to organizations to which your customers' have great interests -such as 4-H, FFA, or any pro-agriculture organization?

Thank you for your time,

Landi McFarland-Livingston

I like Bog boots better anyway.

One of Dun's favorites typos seems to be teh... I hope he means the. I just assumed his brain was running faster than his fingers.

From: http://beefmagazine.com/blog/how-charit ... peg-or-two

"Aside from the circus lawsuit, it has come to light that the HSUS diligently moved money to several funds in the Cayman Islands, calling them 'investments.' We're pretty sure that moving $26 million to offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands is called stashing money. And it's shady as hell.

"The HSUS has essentially operated under the same donation-guise as PETA, where a large portion of their funding comes from people who are clueless about their real agenda. The time has come for American citizens to open their eyes and stop allowing the HSUS to misuse their hard-earned money.

"In fact, PETA and the HSUS are driving the anti-captivity movement not for the welfare of animals, but to make money for themselves. They use and deceive people to promote corrupt agendas, and the Cayman Island accounts confirm just how rotten this organization has become.

ALACOWMAN":32m5jhgr said:
ga.prime":32m5jhgr said:
Never heard of Muck boots.
we call em go'loshers
:cowboy:
They had to have the buckles on the front for that. I didn;t know muck boots was a company names. We just always called them muckers.