More laughs from Craigslist

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":loz5i1fj said:
I knew Skamakawa translates to Smoke on the water, I also don't know about Wahkiakum ..... but at one time I had three of my sons in High school there and they were into sports ........ yes they were part of the fighting Mules! I figure mules has to go back to logging, or maybe it's part of their horticulture heritage.

Or maybe they were too stubborn to move to a good place to live.

In the fall there they use to have signs in front of the football players houses that declare "Home of a Mule". Well up the East Valley there was this big black mule. He had a pretty nice barn/shed along the road. I always wanted to go take down a bunch of those "Home of a Mule" signs and put them all up on that mule's barn. After all that barn was the home of a mule. Do it right before the Naselle game. They would think the Naselle kids did it which would stir up the rivalry.

Figured maybe I would be takin more seriously if my thread count was better :) And time permits me to be able to so figured I would play catch up :)

Arkansas":2wufs8db said:
Figured maybe I would be takin more seriously if my thread count was better :)

I don't think that's how it works. You show you know what you're talking about and that should be enough.

slick4591":2jm71emy said:
Arkansas":2jm71emy said:
Figured maybe I would be takin more seriously if my thread count was better :)

I don't think that's how it works. You show you know what you're talking about and that should be enough.
Seriously? I've never even looked at my "status" until this was mentioned! And personally, I don't think post-counts have a thing to do with whether or not you know what you're talking about . . . . unless maybe you're one of the people that have been here for years and years and years, and we KNOW you know what you're talking about! :)

Really who cares why I am posting ? I mean do I have any baring on anyone here? I must have a big impact around here because everyone wants to get In on it! Lol

Arkansas":2fz7d3in said:
Really who cares why I am posting ? I mean do I have any baring on anyone here? I must have a big impact around here because everyone wants to get In on it! Lol
Seems at one time a few years ago the TnMstrBeefProducer or something like that had a post showing on every topic at one time. Now that's a real "Post Whore" as Dieselbeef would say.

here is a perfect Beefmaster bull
looks like a steer to me :hide: Suzanne

Beefmaster Bull - $1800 (Eagle)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2012-12-02, 9:56AM MST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bull was born in March of 2012, his birth weight was 85#, he is purebread and can be registered. any questions call Joe @ 859-2968 Thanks
3K93F63M85G65F75J1cc2d8a844a2936f13c2.jpg

3Kc3p13H95Ne5I25Mfcc2ee063b0e860317ff.jpg

3Ma3I93od5L15Gf5M8cc29f21040acb30166f.jpg

Arkansas":2d6cuytv said:
Figured maybe I would be takin more seriously if my thread count was better :) And time permits me to be able to so figured I would play catch up :)
Absolutely false, some of the biggest idiots on the boards have very high post counts. I cringe when I see them giving newbies advice. The sad part is the newbies take the faulty advice JUST BECAUSE THEIR POST COUNT IS HIGH. On the other hand there are a few posters with very low post counts I very much look forward too because they absolutely know what they are talking about. Anyone who knows cattle knows the difference, you won't fool anyone. Just because someone has 10 posts doesn't mean they don't have a lifetime of cattle knowledge. Just because they have 10,000 doesn't mean they aren't an idiot. Case in point my own knowledge is no more valuable today than it was at post 1 with the exception of the knowledge I have gained working in my own operation. All posts including my own are READER BEWARE.

Arkansas":11c1zz0w said:

:shock: :bs:

Isomade":1pqcyns3 said:
Arkansas":1pqcyns3 said:
Absolutely false, some of the biggest idiots on the boards have very high post counts. I cringe when I see them giving newbies advice. The sad part is the newbies take the faulty advice JUST BECAUSE THEIR POST COUNT IS HIGH. On the other hand there are a few posters with very low post counts I very much look forward too because they absolutely know what they are talking about. Anyone who knows cattle knows the difference, you won't fool anyone. Just because someone has 10 posts doesn't mean they don't have a lifetime of cattle knowledge. Just because they have 10,000 doesn't mean they aren't an idiot. Case in point my own knowledge is no more valuable today than it was at post 1 with the exception of the knowledge I have gained working in my own operation. All posts including my own are READER BEWARE.

Yeah, well mostly I will be posting because I am out of college till Jan. 14 so I have plenty of free time. But once it starts back up I will be to busy to post. I dont know a ton about cattle most of my knowledge comes from books and reading and here. But reading books has made me more aware of alot of things about cattle and I watch videos etc just like anyone who wants to know as much before they get in over there head. Books, movies, t.v. etc can not be compared to the Hands on but you do what you can. :cboy:

suzorse":1b4uuv4n said:
here is a perfect Beefmaster bull
looks like a steer to me :hide: Suzanne

Beefmaster Bull - $1800 (Eagle)

Date: 2012-12-02, 9:56AM MST
Reply to: see below

Bull was born in March of 2012, his birth weight was 85#, he is purebread and can be registered. any questions call Joe @ 859-2968 Thanks
3K93F63M85G65F75J1cc2d8a844a2936f13c2.jpg

3Kc3p13H95Ne5I25Mfcc2ee063b0e860317ff.jpg

3Ma3I93od5L15Gf5M8cc29f21040acb30166f.jpg
Oh, dear . . . . . I hope that's not one of my friends from the Boise area (Eagle is near). But the set up doesn't look similar. Whewwww!