More four wheeler ?s

Help Support CattleToday:

500, I had talked myself in to a 420, and when I got there the only 420's on the floor had more bells and whistles, and were about the same price. Plus all that stuff, is more crap to maintain over the years.

TennesseeTuxedo":1akg8ors said:
Abernathy's by chance?

Yes. Supposed to be the cheapest. Nobody really had time to talk to me. I figured that before I went. They say you have to stand in line on a Saturday to buy one.

Very nice! I think I am still enough of a cheapskate I am still holding out for a used one but I may end up right there with you. Hope you get another bunch of years out of that one.

I've heard they sell at close to cost in hopes of selling the aftermarket upgrades/extras at Abernathy's - 10 hours from me so I'm not sure how they compare to my area

Bigfoot, did they farm tax exempt you? When I bought one a few years ago they gave me the run around on the phone about it, told me they had to collect it and I would have to file for a refund from KY. Local dealer got close enough that it was not worth the drive.

tom4018":34fhfkzj said:
Bigfoot, did they farm tax exempt you? When I bought one a few years ago they gave me the run around on the phone about it, told me they had to collect it and I would have to file for a refund from KY. Local dealer got close enough that it was not worth the drive.

Never said a word, and didn't want to see a tax return. Kinda shocked me. They have some sort of city tax everybody pays, but it amounted to little.

shaz":1ylx1irk said:
Bought a Kawasaki 4010 Saturday. I went to the dealer with the intention of buying another 610 but the 4010 was bigger and better for firewood & and the stupid pig feed I carry.

Might be hard to believe but I hauled a 4x5 round bale in the back of a 2 wheel drive 4010 through the mud about 3 years ago. A real workhorse! Own a 610 now and it does nice job around the place.

James T":24a9534n said:
shaz":24a9534n said:
Bought a Kawasaki 4010 Saturday. I went to the dealer with the intention of buying another 610 but the 4010 was bigger and better for firewood & and the stupid pig feed I carry.

Might be hard to believe but I hauled a 4x5 round bale in the back of a 2 wheel drive 4010 through the mud about 3 years ago. A real workhorse! Own a 610 now and it does nice job around the place.
Only problem I had doing that was steering. The front tires only got enough purchase to actually stter when I would hit a bump. Being as it was all up hill that may have had some bearing on it.

That's exactly what happened to me too. The front wheels seemed to have a mind of their own but I made it about 1500 feet into the property to dump the bale. Could never do that on my 610 but the 610 will easily pull a small trailer and has the 4 wheel drive - good enough for most of run around chores now. Had a Kawasaki Prairie 400 years ago. It was great for running around checking on cattle but I couldn't haul anything onboard with it. I did have an interesting experience with it though. Hooked up a small trailer to it so we could load a stubborn cow that had to be moved to a property down the road. The cow was brought down with ropes, legs tied and then drug up onto that small trailer. The weight of the cow on the end of that little trailer lifted that Kawasaki Prairie straight up into the air where it dangled until they could move the weight forward onto the trailer. I've never seen a cow so mad after we untied it.

[/quote]
I don't doubt that!! Like I said I could be wrong! That's why I am asking so I know a little of what I am looking for. There is a nice Polaris 500 on CL with some bells and whistles and only 160 mi. for $5500. How is that price wise? I know you guys use them everyday and I think once I have it I will use it a fair amount but I have bought good trucks for less money. Guess I am a tightwad. :nod:[/quote]

It may just be that it has low miles because the owner couldn't keep it running long enough to rack up the miles.
Sadly the last Polaris I bought has very few miles on it for just that reason.

Not sure what model it was but it sure was handy
mule-hay.jpg

mule-rake.jpg

Latest posts