More four wheeler ?s

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1":3a2y9vy8 said:
that would be a 680 Rincon , 3-speed automatic trans , biggest complaint is they are geared too high

I pull a roping sled several days a week with it, do you think I'll be happy with a high geared automatic?

Should have no issue with a roping sled . The complaints come from the guys trying to turn over-sized tires in peanut butter mud . About the only thing that's changed from 2003 - 2015 is it went fuel injected in 2006 ( they are good machines )

Dun

Thanks again you always know where the hookup is. Prices really vary on the used ones.

Bobby

That is the model that is on Cl. I think it has about 800 mi. on it. Is $7500 about right for that?

Thanks
Steve

It's a 2011. That's helpful to me trying to get a baseline. Do they hold their value well? That makes a big difference in wether or not to buy new. Bad thing is everybody seems to have plenty of money now so deals seem hard to find. Wife's cousin said he just bought a new Polaris 400 for $6,500 he swears by them. I do need a good low gear in what I buy I want to be able to creep down a fence line pulling wire when needed.

Thanks
Steve

BobbyLummus1":3fe355n9 said:
that would be a 680 Rincon , 3-speed automatic trans , biggest complaint is they are geared too high

I have used one of the older 650 rincons some and that was my biggest complaint. It was a great machine for trail riding, but it was hard to keep it under 5 mph. I tried to pull a little 4 ft bushhog that I have and it was geared way too high to do a decent job.

denvermartinfarms":1oe4n1ah said:
I Highly reccomend Honda. Have owned about 7 and sevarel had over 20000 miles by the time we sold them. I've got 2 2007 420 ranchers now with over 10000 miles. Only thing on a Honda that you don't want is electric shift, but the power steering is very nice.

We have owned every brand made, like I said go da had been by far the best, Yamaha probably second thenPolaris. Kawasaki is decent but I wouldn't reccomend one. And the worst by a big margin is arctic cat, Owned 6 of them and could tell you story after story of things that happened to them.

X2 on the Honda. Honda is as bulletproof as any ATV out there. My Honda Rancher is not the smoothest riding or fastest ATV, but it is dependable.

IMO, Suzuki makes great ATVs also. Neighbor have one that has been to hell and back several times. Ugly as sin, but still going.

Kawasaki is OK, but I wouldn't want one because every Kaw I have ever seen is a cold blooded beast. At crunch time during spring calving you want a rig that will run without having to mess with it or keep parking it in a heated shed. :roll:

Criticize Polaris all you want and yes, much of it is deserved. But my old Polaris 250 2-stroke never hesitated to start, even at -20 degrees and buried in a snowbank. :nod:

Bigfoot":169dhvhu said:
Sad day here, my 450 Forman gave up the ghost yeasterday. 14 years old, and had been abused everyday of its life. I guess I'll be out shopping soon. Certain I'll get a honda. Hopefully what ever the biggest one they make is.

Is there a specific reason why you want the biggest one they make :?:

I sure dont' want the biggest one they make. Back in the day, my 440 lb Polaris 250 2x4 was quite enough for me to crawl out from under and set on itswheels again :p :p :p

Large ATVs seem cumbersome to me. If I wanted the largest ATV, in that case I figure I might as well spring for a UTV. :nod:

John SD":14fzyeuy said:
Bigfoot":14fzyeuy said:
Sad day here, my 450 Forman gave up the ghost yeasterday. 14 years old, and had been abused everyday of its life. I guess I'll be out shopping soon. Certain I'll get a honda. Hopefully what ever the biggest one they make is.

I sure dont' want the biggest one they make. Back in the day, my 440 lb Polaris 250 2x4 was quite enough for me to crawl out from under and set on itswheels again :p :p :p

Large ATVs seem cumbersome to me. If I wanted the largest ATV, in that case I figure I might as well spring for a UTV. :nod:

I do a lot of trailer pulling. A utv won't go thru the woods at my house. I am building a carry all for my red belly. That should cut down on some of my hauling with a 4 wheeler. Maybe not when the mud starts, but other times of the year.

John SD":2l6m67f7 said:
Bigfoot":2l6m67f7 said:

Been there done that. There is nothing quite like the feeling of lying under a quad trying to figure out if anything is broken or not before you crawl out from under it. This is one of the main reasons that I have no desire to have a horse. Every time I have got hurt on an atv it was because of my own stupidity. One idiot thinking at time is more than enough.

The book on the 2011 Rincon is $6,000 , that's a starting point , "Like New" on craigslist is all over the place , if its truly like new , no signs of wear or use , then $7500 is top of the mark .

If you are a cash buyer my advice is get one lightly used that's 4x4 , fuel injected, 400cc+

I would go with condition over make and model or what your neighbor say's is bulletproof

Honda (Rancher- Foreman- Rincon ) , Polaris Sportsman's , Yamaha Kodiak or Grizzly's , Suzuki Kingquad , Eiger , Vinson , Can Am Outlander's , Kawasaki Prairie or Brute Force's

Bought a Kawasaki 4010 Saturday. I went to the dealer with the intention of buying another 610 but the 4010 was bigger and better for firewood & and the stupid pig feed I carry.

Thanks Bobby that gives me a good place to start. Definatly a cash buyer and prefer used so everybody has given me a lot of great info to use. Thanks to all!

I bought a 2007 Honda Rancher 420 4x4 off of ebay for a decent price. All I've done to it is change the oil. Hauls my big butt around just fine.

I figure things in a silly way. I don't know why, but I always have. My last 4 wheeler ended up costing me about $250 a year to own in actual depreciation. I guess that wasn't too bad when it was all said and done. I think I won't drive this one in the ground, and will get a new one, before it gets to that point.

Latest posts