Monopoly in the meat processing business.

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
bball said:
It's interesting that so many are pro building a physical wall along the border (as am I) to protect us from "foreign interests". Yet, do not see the point in protecting our economy from foreign interests. BTW boys, it's not capitalism at work with JBS. Its collusion, corruption, and global elitism manifest. The corruption and explanation of how JBS came to power is documented well in several documentaries. America is being conquered (actually sold out) from within.

I'm pro building a wall I'm pro stopping the import of foreign goods, food, steel, oil , electronics ... every thing.
Nothing from Brazil, Mexico, Canada, China the UK only America gets to sell in America. That's fair enough right?
If jbs has committed a crime I'm all for dropping the hammer. But in many cases Americans are just getting outworked.

A American rancher with 500 head could probably do ok if all the dam part-time farmers with 50 head would get out of the way. I don't mean any offence by that except it's the truth.
The fact that someone owns 100 acres and a tractor does not give them the automatic right to make a living farming...
Government regulations are a big problem for small processers. Adding more government regulations is not the answer.
And fwiw. I know off several small processers doing quite well. I actually sell hay to one. They face so many USDA inspections the inspector has his own parking space. Only thing they process sheep and goats.
The difference is they haven't been bought. See that's what happens big business buys small business to eliminate compitetien . But it takes two . If JBS came out tommorow and said we're going to buy everyone's calves for 3.00
Everyone here would sell. It's about money both ways....it sucks to lose, but a sore loser just sucks.

Whew, I'm sure glad I made the cutoff.

I fell way short....but I ain't ****ed up about it.

callmefence said:
bball said:
It's interesting that so many are pro building a physical wall along the border (as am I) to protect us from "foreign interests". Yet, do not see the point in protecting our economy from foreign interests. BTW boys, it's not capitalism at work with JBS. Its collusion, corruption, and global elitism manifest. The corruption and explanation of how JBS came to power is documented well in several documentaries. America is being conquered (actually sold out) from within.

I'm pro building a wall I'm pro stopping the import of foreign goods, food, steel, oil , electronics ... every thing.
Nothing from Brazil, Mexico, Canada, China the UK only America gets to sell in America. That's fair enough right?
If jbs has committed a crime I'm all for dropping the hammer. But in many cases Americans are just getting outworked.

A American rancher with 500 head could probably do ok if all the dam part-time farmers with 50 head would get out of the way. I don't mean any offence by that except it's the truth.
The fact that someone owns 100 acres and a tractor does not give them the automatic right to make a living farming...
Government regulations are a big problem for small processers. Adding more government regulations is not the answer.
And fwiw. I know off several small processers doing quite well. I actually sell hay to one. They face so many USDA inspections the inspector has his own parking space. Only thing they process sheep and goats.
The difference is they haven't been bought. See that's what happens big business buys small business to eliminate compitetien . But it takes two . If JBS came out tommorow and said we're going to buy everyone's calves for 3.00
Everyone here would sell. It's about money both ways....it sucks to lose, but a sore loser just sucks.
So you say government regulations are a problem then want cattle farms to be regulated to more than 500 head. 🤔
You say that no one with a 100 acres and a tractor has no right to farm. 🤨
Where at? In Russia?
In the good old US of A things may not be perfect but I D@&# sure still have a right to do or at least try to to do what I want on my 100 acres.

Deepsouth said:
callmefence said:
bball said:

So you say government regulations are a problem then want cattle farms to be regulated to more than 500 head. 🤔
Where at? In Russia?
In the good old US of A things may not be perfect but I D@&# sure still have a right to do or at least try to to do what I want on my 100 acres.

I didn't say any such thing. I used them as examples. And you twisted my words dumbsouth . My apologies if you don't know the difference everyone with a wheelbarrow and a shovel has the right to start a earthmoving business to .

Deepsouth said:
callmefence said:
bball said:

Where at? In Russia?

I mean you twisted my words to the point I'm calling you a liar. I most certainly did not say what you posted.

callmefence said:
Deepsouth said:
callmefence said:

Where at? In Russia?

I mean you twisted my words to the point I'm calling you a liar. I most certainly did not say what you posted.
I know what you mean I use that Oklahoma 4 barb wire imported into Texas from Oklahoma.

When will we get tired of subsidizing the beef industry I am getting very close to that now. I may buy fifty of the plywood cutouts of cows in different grazing positions and move them around in the pasture ever few days. I will put up bird feeders and deer feeders and make the rounds every other day to check on them. Might be as profitable as things are now.

My daughter sent me a cartoon with two cattle raisers talking to each other one said to the other I have lost money every year in the cow business except the years I worked at an airplane company. That fits me to a tee.

hurleyjd said:
callmefence said:
Deepsouth said:
Where at? In Russia?

I know what you mean I use that Oklahoma 4 barb wire imported into Texas from Oklahoma.

Build that Wall!!

I never saw it, but I do believe in a level playing field.... ;-)

callmefence said:
Why was my response to bball deleted?
There was no rules violation. Not even close.
I deserve a level playing field...lol
You are lucky they only deleted your post. When I post something and it gets out of hand they lock the whole subject and not the offenders. Example the 2.1 children per every child bearing woman to keep the population at neutral and not in decline.

hurleyjd said:
We need someone in government that understands crooks and monopolies to look into this and bust them up. Send the Brazilians back to Brazil with all of their crooked dealings.

If there's anyone that understands being crooks and monopolies, it's the government.

hurleyjd said:
callmefence said:
Why was my response to bball deleted?
There was no rules violation. Not even close.
I deserve a level playing field...lol
You are lucky they only deleted your post. When I post something and it gets out of hand they lock the whole subject and not the offenders. Example the 2.1 children per every child bearing woman to keep the population at neutral and not in decline.

I certainly don't think I was out of hand. Can someone look in on duece. I think his clutch might be slipping again.... :D

Latest posts