Modern Education

Help Support CattleToday:

Lol !!! I guess anything is possible. But on the flip side may not turn out to be none of thoes things ? Which as simple as that transaction was and personally being there in person to see for myself what happened. I am going to lean more toward the young man had trouble doing simple math in his head.

As far as thoes quotes that are from Einstien I will have look thoes up for myself before i beleive he made such statements.

But anything I guess is possible. Maybe that young man will be able to lay golden eggs some day too !!! Lol !!!
True, It may be that he simply had trouble doing simple math in his head, but if that is true, I'm saying that doesn't mean he is destined to be a failure in life, so it basically doesn't mean anything life defining. When he's doing his homework, he may be able to work Algebra like it's nothing. He could actually lay some golden eggs.

Did you confirm the Einstein quotes?

True, It may be that he simply had trouble doing simple math in his head, but if that is true, I'm saying that doesn't mean he is destined to be a failure in life, so it basically doesn't mean anything life defining. When he's doing his homework, he may be able to work Algebra like it's nothing. He could actually lay some golden eggs.

Did you confirm the Einstein quotes?
Haven't looked in Einstein's quotes yet. He must have had a sense of humor making quotes like thoes.

I see kids quite frequently making mistakes making change. Not long ago I cashed a check. That teller gave me $ 100 too much back. Teller would not accept she had over paid me. I counted the money before i took it into my truck window. She sit there and watched me count it at the drive through window. Told her she seen me count it and ask her were else could the $ 100 come from ? So she recounted it herself and came up $ 100 too much !!! She gave me the money back and said she didn't know how the extra $ 100 got there but she didn't put it in the envelope by mistake ? Told her the bank cameras shows this hole transaction that she could see for herself ??? Lol !!!

I ended up going inside the bank and explaining to the bank manager the whole story. He ask if he could have envelope of money.

I don't what was said or happened but he came back and thanked me for my honesty and gave me my money back minus the $ 100 over the teller had gave me.

Couple of weeks ago the wife didn't feel like cooking and ask me to pick up a bucket chicken while I was in town. So i order a 8 peace bucket of chicken. Came to $ 19.40. Pull up to the window to pay for it. This guy looked to be in his twenties says that will be $ 2.40 ? I said how much ? $ 2.40 I said $ 2.40 for a 8 peace bucket of chicken . He says yes sir ! There was an older lady standing behind him that i ask to speak to. Told her what happened. She said he looked at the register wrong ?

Said ok ??? Gave her the $ 20 bill and went on my way Lol !!!

I am not as concerned as much about these kind of employees being able to lay golden eggs as much as i am the people they work for.

Hope he can lay some golden eggs and someone to go with him when he sales to insure he gets all of his money that they are worth.

We bought a rod and reel for my wife's birthday. The reel was $60 or so and the rod was around $80. The young lady at the cash register said that will be $65. I said what about the rod she said it's included in the price. Told her that it should be more than than that. She said, very confidently that it was $60 plus tax for both the rod and reel.

I said ok, while standing at the register I'm thinking well guess there's some kind of sale or something that I didn't realize. So took my stuff and got in the truck. After looking at the receipt the reel was listed, but not the rod.

Can't argue with stupid. Already caught a few fish with our new fishing setup.😎

Oh no,no,no ccr !!! That poor young lady was probably nervous or just in training ??? Doesn't mean she is destined for failure, she can probably think faster than any computer that NASA has to work with.

She probably holds two master's degrees. And probably can lay golden eggs too !!!

She she can't ring up a purchase at the job she was hired to do doesn't mean a thing.

Oh no,no,no ccr !!! That poor young lady was probably nervous or just in training ??? Doesn't mean she is destined for failure, she can probably think faster than any computer that NASA has to work with.

She probably holds two master's degrees. And probably can lay golden eggs too !!!

She she can't ring up a purchase at the job she was hired to do doesn't mean a thing.
It's amazing to me that you have experienced so many bad money exchanges with cashiers. Maybe you look so intimidating that it messes with people's ability to think.

I actually had a math professor once who discussed that he wasn't good with math in his head, and he didn't care to admit it. Sometimes he would joke, "I hate doing math in my head in public." He was very skilled, however, in explaining math procedures. Interestingly enough, my daughter had the same professor, and said she learned more from him than any other math teacher she ever had because he knew how to teach.

"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid."
Einstein didn't say it, or at least was not the first person to say it. It's been around since the 1800s.

"The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library."
AE is believed to be the originator of that one.

An 3 ton asteroid 'may' come crashing thru my roof tonight and kill me dead in my bed. I 'could' also be the first person in known history to survive a direct strike by a 3 ton asteroid.

It's amazing to me that you have experienced so many bad money exchanges with cashiers. Maybe you look so intimidating that it messes with people's ability to think.

I actually had a math professor once who discussed that he wasn't good with math in his head, and he didn't care to admit it. Sometimes he would joke, "I hate doing math in my head in public." He was very skilled, however, in explaining math procedures. Interestingly enough, my daughter had the same professor, and said she learned more from him than any other math teacher she ever had because he knew how to teach.
Lot of possibilities and maybes. It might be that you don't make many purchases as i do. Or maybe you haven't taken notice of the others who have posted their similiar experiences like ccr posted ? Do you think they MAYBE intimidating also ? That bank manager whom I gave their money back too was appreciative that i done so. Even thanked me for my honesty. Don't know how I was intimidating to that window. I just signed the check and told her I wanted to cash it with so many 10, 20 and 100 dollar bills ?

My personal opinion is that kids are taught to relie on calculators to do their math. That's why they can't do simple math in their head.

I don't know how much you get out and about but next time you go through a drive like sonic. Chances are your car hop will use a calculator to figure how much change to give you.

Alot of kids go to college thinking that all college degrees will get them a high paying job. That might happen in some cases. I don't have a college degree myself, have taken a semester of college and went to a trade school. Have benifitted from the trade school more than college.

The company I work for is a 7 billion dollar company. I along with 5 other comittie members do all the hiring in the department i work in. Have hired alot of people over the last 30 years. Haven't hired one college graduate because none had experience or qualifications needed for the positions we were filling. These positions are 80k entry-level positions.

It's a joke at what kind of degrees most bring to the table. I wasn't aware you could even get a degree in such things.

Lot of possibilities and maybes. It might be that you don't make many purchases as i do. Or maybe you haven't taken notice of the others who have posted their similiar experiences like ccr posted ? Do you think they MAYBE intimidating also ? That bank manager whom I gave their money back too was appreciative that i done so. Even thanked me for my honesty. Don't know how I was intimidating to that window. I just signed the check and told her I wanted to cash it with so many 10, 20 and 100 dollar bills ?

My personal opinion is that kids are taught to relie on calculators to do their math. That's why they can't do simple math in their head.

I don't know how much you get out and about but next time you go through a drive like sonic. Chances are your car hop will use a calculator to figure how much change to give you.

Alot of kids go to college thinking that all college degrees will get them a high paying job. That might happen in some cases. I don't have a college degree myself, have taken a semester of college and went to a trade school. Have benifitted from the trade school more than college.

The company I work for is a 7 billion dollar company. I along with 5 other comittie members do all the hiring in the department i work in. Have hired alot of people over the last 30 years. Haven't hired one college graduate because none had experience or qualifications needed for the positions we were filling. These positions are 80k entry-level positions.

It's a joke at what kind of degrees most bring to the table. I wasn't aware you could even get a degree in such things.
😳🤦🏼‍♂️

I was being a little tongue in cheek with the intimidation statement.

I have worked with teens who have disabilities for 26 years. I've tried to help them become as independent as possible and get jobs instead of sit home and get checks. I'm sure that causes me to view it a little differently, that's all.

Einstein did say, "There are only a few enlightened people with a lucid mind and style and with good taste within a century."

Aren't we all lucky that all of us of this century are on Cattle Today....... ;)
True. I forget sometimes that people on CT are not the same as people one meets on the street each day or on other forums, but CT has the elite. I don't know why I forget that.

I have worked with teens who have disabilities for 26 years. I've tried to help them become as independent as possible and get jobs instead of sit home and get checks. I'm sure that causes me to view it a little differently, that's all.
That's how I see it too. From our experiences of ministry mission projects and similarly trying to emphasize personal responsibility at the same time, it's at least reassuring to see young people actually working. There are so many that just perpetuate the check drawing lifestyle.

Sometimes folks are hired into the wrong position for their abilities. I received a water bill from a city for a rental property that seemed way out of line compared to usual billing. I called city hall to explain the situation. She sent someone to re-read the meter. When she called back she apologized for the mistake and said the person reading the meters had dyslexia.

That is a case of the person doing the hiring placing the person in the wrong position. There is a good possibility many reading are wrong in that case.

I have worked with teens who have disabilities for 26 years. I've tried to help them become as independent as possible and get jobs instead of sit home and get checks. I'm sure that causes me to

view it a little differently, that's all.
I am not referring to kids with disabilities. Depending how much of a disability someone has I would think be taken into consideration for the type of job they were hired to do.

If a parent or teacher wants to see for themselfs how well there kids are doing in school.

When they are at a 5th grade or better yet 4th grade level. Sit the kid down at table. Give them a pencil and paper without a calculator. Have them write out their al of their times tables. Throw in some 4 th grade addition and subtraction.

They should easily be able to do that !!! And i don't mean kids with learning disabilities of any kind. I am talking average high school kids.

Latest posts