Mlk Crk Cub 722 Red Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

BA

Reaction score
I'm looking at some cows out of this bull. Has anyone used him? Have daughters from him? Udder and feet quality? I always kind of liked his look, but am concerned with his Calving ease numbers.

use something different, feet aren't good at all, it looks like the calves out of the CUB daughters might be lactose intolerant as well.

Very disappointing to say the least! I am not sure who come up with the slogan that he was the feet and leg improver of the breed!

SEC: Have you seen a lot of his progeny? How about the lactose intollerant problem, I hadn't heard that. Not good at all.

Anyone else have any thoughts or have used him? Ollie, BRG, KB, Todd Dague, anybody? Would like as many thoughts on him as possible. I will see some daughters in MT this weekend, and the pics of some of them look very nice. I was the most concerned with the calving ease before reading SEC's comments!

BA,
We don't have any experience with him so I'm not one that can say. I have seen him in the flesh and he's impressive.

Melvin Leland has used him quite a bit the last couple of years. I would call and ask him his opinion.

I havn't used him either BA but I like his phenotype. I'd call the breeder that bred him and ask what to expect , benefits and faults. Most people will give you an honest evaluation. The feet and lack of milk would bother me but you would be able to see that in the cows if you look at them. I'd let the cows stand on their own. The all had mothers as well as a daddy.

I'm actually planning on stopping by Milk Creek this weekend if time permits! Thanks for the posts!

BA":18tfcdcj said:
I'm actually planning on stopping by Milk Creek this weekend if time permits! Thanks for the posts!
Good plan. Let me know the results if you don't mind. Have a good trip.

No problem Ollie, I still haven't been able to get ahold of them, but hope to. I've heard good things about their herd and about the owners. How are things in AR? How's the 3M calves this year? Looking forward to a couple of them!

It's all good here BA. Weather has cooled and we got some rain. The calves are good and have a few daughters in production that are doing a good job. Good luck with yours. I hear Milk Creek is a real good set of females. I'm interested in hearing your evaluation. Hope you make the connection with them to see. Let me know.

I looked through the herd and another herd in MT and the Cub 722 daughters looked pretty good to me. The ones I saw had nice calves on them and had good feet. Nice wedge shape to them. A real nice herd of cattle and extra nice people!

That's interesting Brad, I don't doubt what you have seen but I will still stick with what I have seen. The CUB's have looked their best as bred heifers. As young cows it was tough to like them.

Not all of these cattle were boughten in cattle either, lots of them home raised.

Certainly interesting!

Where did you all go to on your MT trip BA. If you went through Milk Creek, I know you saw some good females and even better people.

I went through Drga Red Angus at Ismay and Milk Creek at Plevna. Good cattle and people at both places. Drga's are dispersing their registered herd, which was started with Holden Cows.

SEC - Definately not calling you a liar or anything. While I liked them, there were two other sire groups that stood out as being better. You did place enough doubt in my mind to take a Cub daughter off of my buy list.

I didn't think you were, just funny how we found two different kinds. Who knows why that would happen!

Any different sire groups that were interesting?

Mlk Crk Cornerstone JC daughters were outstanding. He was a cleanup bull purchased in dam at the Bootjack dispersal. They were outstanding cows. No semen on the bull - I checked! Shoco Data calves were full of meat on a moderate frame. I will be using him next spring, wish I had a bunch of cows bred to him right now!

Latest posts