Missing submarine

Help Support CattleToday:

Official report at press conference is that it has been determined this far, that they have seen where the pressurized compartment has been compromised and officially the families have been contacted with condolences. They are gone and there are parts they are going to try to salvage

Reading about the founder of the company, if what is written is true I'm not surprised at the outcome.
Well, I guess at least HE was on his own vessel for the trip.. While some safety susans might think it was unsafe at least he thought it was safe enough to put himself in it.

How ironic..... a boat filled with rich people went to the bottom of the ocean, to see the wreckage of a boat of rich people, that sunk to the bottom of the ocean.
355382493_10111488805298963_8691852819557854264_n.jpg

More like beet juice, or sour mash slurry. Catastrophic implosion at nearly 6,000 psi.................They didn't feel a thing.
Except for the lungs, the human body is pretty incompressible, so I'd expect serious injuries to the upper thorax, and maybe injuries from stuff hitting them, I don't think they'be be otherwise mangled from the pressure alone

I just checked the story. It's completely inconclusive as to what the debris field is. So not a clue is the appropriate answer right now. Since their oxygen levels have now been at 0% for 5 hours (calculated anyway) they will not be found alive.
Unless one of them knifed the others to conserve oxygen...

Oh... a debris field. I guess nobody got to thinking about running out of air...

Well, I guess at least HE was on his own vessel for the trip.. While some safety susans might think it was unsafe at least he thought it was safe enough to put himself in it.

View attachment 31531

Except for the lungs, the human body is pretty incompressible, so I'd expect serious injuries to the upper thorax, and maybe injuries from stuff hitting them, I don't think they'be be otherwise mangled from the pressure alone
He wouldn't be the first rich fruit cake. Howard Hughes comes to mind right off, brilliant and nuts at the same time.

Unless I am so severely injured that I need an MRI you will have to sedate me to put me in a damn tube I can't open.

I had an MRI once for my first concussion. Haven't had one since (an MRI, I've had several concussions since) I might be a little unhinged, but them's the breaks.

Sub Search Ended

Debris found on the ocean floor hundreds of miles from the US Atlantic coast is believed to be from a lost submersible that had been en route to tour the Titanic wreckage earlier this week. Experts believe the vehicle experienced catastrophic failure, likely imploding instantly under the water pressure of the deep sea. All five passengers are believed to be dead.

Aboard the vessel were the company's CEO, a British billionaire, a Pakistani businessman and his teenage son, and an experienced marine explorer (see bios). Developed and operated by OceanGate, it went missing less than two hours into its dive and never resurfaced. The sub made earlier journeys to the wreckage site over the past two years, though questions have been raised over its design.

The US Coast Guard found the debris after searching a zone twice the size of Connecticut. See a deep dive into the vehicle and the search efforts here.

View attachment 31531

I think you are clearly underestimating what a catastrophic implosion is. The amount of pressure at that depth is like a bomb going off. The compression of gas pockets alone would likely vaporize a body.

View attachment 31531

They were under a column of water 2 miles tall. They were inside a makeshift coffin at sea level atmospheric (approx 14.7psi). Unlike our manmade hydraulic systems, there are no volume or flow limitations, so when the breach happened, the 6,000psi sea water instantaneously occupied the 14.7psi environment that had been everything inside the coffin. The volume of the air and tissue would have been compressed to 1/400th. Then that smallish bubble of biojelly would float upward until it surfaced, much like a fart in the bathtub. Bone fragments remaining?? Maybe, until they become fish food.

I'm gonna try to avoid further description of what this would look like in slow motion. Sufficient to say, except for the rice krispie noises from the composite cylinder failing a moment previous, they didn't even have a chance to consider the noise.

Here's a quote from an interview:
When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500mph (2,414km/h) - that's 2,200ft (671m) per second, says Dave Corley, a former US nuclear submarine officer.

The time required for complete collapse is about one millisecond, or one thousandth of a second.

A human brain responds instinctually to a stimulus at about 25 milliseconds, Mr Corley says. Human rational response - from sensing to acting - is believed to be at best 150 milliseconds.

The air inside a sub has a fairly high concentration of hydrocarbon vapours.

When the hull collapses, the air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion, Mr Corley says.

Human bodies incinerate and are turned to ash and dust instantly.

so when the breach happened, the 6,000psi sea water instantaneously occupied the 14.7psi environment that had been everything inside the coffin.

Instantaneous means around 7 milliseconds.
The involuntary blink of an eye takes somewhere between 100-400 milliseconds.
They would not have any sense of either the implosion and certainly not the air/hydrocarbon explosion.

Latest posts