Mineral feeder 1,000.00 ???

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":2y3uthhk said:
I don't care what the benefits are, I'm not forking out $1000.00 for a mineral feeder. There are just too many places where that money could be better utilized.
Yeah, like a few days down on the sugar white sand and turquoise surf of the Alabama Gulf Coast!

Check out this web site http://www.pasture-pal.com
I found it in a paper and it looks like what is being described. I sent the people an email and they replied and said the price is $1300. Maybe if you had a bunch of cows, but it is too rich for me. I think a guy could build their own pretty similar.

J. T.":1detfxfx said:
msscamp":1detfxfx said:
I don't care what the benefits are, I'm not forking out $1000.00 for a mineral feeder. There are just too many places where that money could be better utilized.
Yeah, like a few days down on the sugar white sand and turquoise surf of the Alabama Gulf Coast!

During hurricane season? :shock: I think not! I was actually thinking more along the lines of improving facilities, and the like. :lol: :lol:

I don't know how to post a photo here. Someone let me know and I'll put the photo of the mineral feeder up.

Here's the pic thanks to kyblockhead.

Loosemineralphotos022.jpg

Now that is one fancy feeder....
Still like Dunn's.....besides we have a few pine trees that work real well as rubs....and when the flys get bad a quick squirt with the pump sprayer keeps them treated for a few weeks at least.
A fella could put a tread mill on the approach and the cows would never have to go anywhere....feed bunk to the feeder and they could get all the exercise they need.

Just my two bits worth....light rain this morning....finally! Dmc

Yep that's it.You see quite a few like that around here.The cows in the pic sure seem to like it.Glad you got the photo posted Kyblockhead and thanks for the e mail pic also.I know for sure that those sell for more than a thousand here as just the plain ones with 2 arms sell for the one mark.If it's what you need and would be handy for you to have than a thousand dollars is a fair price.

Do the math

This mineral feeder $1000 dollars. In ten years you will need another.

Build your own $200
Buy cow $800
_______

same cost $1000

Ten year down the road.

sold 10 calves from cow at $125 profit - $1250
sell cow $600
________
Profit $1,850

Nope ain't gonna be any $1000 dollar mineral feeder at my place.

Bama":1e2ifjn2 said:
Do the math

This mineral feeder $1000 dollars. In ten years you will need another.

Build your own $200
Buy cow $800
_______

same cost $1000

Ten year down the road.

sold 10 calves from cow at $125 profit - $1250
sell cow $600
________
Profit $1,850

Nope ain't gonna be any $1000 dollar mineral feeder at my place.
$200? You must not have a Dunn mineral feeder. $30.

Latest posts