Mineral feeder 1,000.00 ???

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I talked to a farmer friend of mine today who knows someone that has a new mineral feeder-insecticide applicator-back scratcher thingy for sale and he told me the guy was asking 1,000.00 for it. I don't know the brand and tried to look them up online but can't find anything even close to 1,000.00 The seller is out of town for a few days and I was wondering if anybody knew about anything like this.

Thanks-Scott

My dad has one that would be in that price range. Not sure if it's the same one or not. Easy Way is the brand name on it. It has a mineral feeder, insecticide applicator and back rubber all on the same piece of equipment. I have a photo of it if you would like to see it.

kyblockhead":bco32s8c said:
My dad has one that would be in that price range. Not sure if it's the same one or not. Easy Way is the brand name on it. It has a mineral feeder, insecticide applicator and back rubber all on the same piece of equipment. I have a photo of it if you would like to see it.

Please post a photo as that sounds like what I thought it would be.A thousand dollars is probably a deal.We have just the oilers with the two arms and they were both used and one was $1200 and the other $900.This year we are going to add some extra features such as a mineral feeder.I can't remember the name of ours off hand but they are huge heavey duty oilers made in the U.S.

millstreaminn":29jdb5ea said:
I talked to a farmer friend of mine today who knows someone that has a new mineral feeder-insecticide applicator-back scratcher thingy for sale and he told me the guy was asking 1,000.00 for it. Thanks-Scott

:shock: :shock: Holy cow! I could build me a nice little pass through pen with sock bullets for far less then that, and probably accomplish the same thing.

Dunn....
Looks like you need to add some accessories to the model you has shared with us awhile back. Yours works great for our cows...and at a great price to boot.
DMc

I was thinking the same thing
still using the ones Dad built two about 10 years ago - looked a lot like CBs
2 x 4s (treated), plastic barrels cut in half lengthwise, tin for roof, nails - there is the mineral feeder
rubs out each side to a post, rope to tie the rubs

I don't have a price list - but I'll bet ya it would be less than $1000 and the only shipping charges would be the gas to the lumber yard
(better hurry that could cost $1000 soon)

The thing about these ones are they are rust resistant and can easily be moved also it would take a tornadoe to due any damage to them.They last a life time that is why the resale value is so high.

I don't care what the benefits are, I'm not forking out $1000.00 for a mineral feeder. There are just too many places where that money could be better utilized.

msscamp":3uuwu1y9 said:
I don't care what the benefits are, I'm not forking out $1000.00 for a mineral feeder. There are just too many places where that money could be better utilized.

and I wonder what would happen if a bull decided that was his latest toy

msscamp":351otoxr said:

I totaly agree Msscamp and if I was buying them maybe we wouldn't have them; but I think they are more "cattle oilers" than mineral feeders.If you check a local catalog the basic rub brushes which really don't last very long start at $250 and that is without a stand or anything just the brush you have to build or buy everything else yourself.I think someone had a good idea and cornered the market ;-) .Wish I would have thought of it.

mdmdogs3":3d1d36cu said:
msscamp":3d1d36cu said:

and I wonder what would happen if a bull decided that was his latest toy

Even the toughest bull can't damage the actual frame however iI don't know about all the added contraptions.The wood one you stated about before how does that fair with a bull?

hillsdown":1bs3wi0b said:
Even the toughest bull can't damage the actual frame however iI don't know about all the added contraptions.The wood one you stated about before how does that fair with a bull?

honestly can't say for sure since our bulls don't seem to tear stuff up like some people talk on here - but that being said - they have been scratched on and other than requiring some t-posts to keep them in place and from being tipped over... no problems and our Char bulls are big boys

hillsdown":2wyfmzd0 said:
msscamp":2wyfmzd0 said:

I think someone had a good idea and cornered the market ;-) .Wish I would have thought of it.

I suspect you're right. You and me both! :lol: :lol:

Went out to the pasture and saw the oilers they both are LEWIS cattle oilers and they cost alot .They do work really well and I hope the price paid is worth it.Like I said I want to add a mineral feeder contraption to it as if they come up for their minerals they will probably use the oilers as well.

kyblockhead":3d3l7qrg said:

I would like to see a picture. The seller has had this sitting in his garage for 2 years. My buddy (he has holsteins)went and looked at it and said it was unbelievably well constructed. Said it had some kind of chains with spikes or something hanging down for the cows to scratch their backs on.... Also seller recommended that he come to my farm and install this thing. Guess it's supposed to be something. Prolly gonna look like some kind of midevil torchure device. :shock:

Even though I don't keep a bull, seller guaranteed it to be "bull proof." 8)

This is a link to a feeder I made not too long ago: http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ral+feeder

I'm thinking of taking some corral panels that I'm not using and putting them on either side and hanging rubs from them. I figured the cattle would snag the rubs and pull the feeder over if I rigged the rubs up directly to it. The edge of the roof is just low enough that the brahmer bull tilts the feeder up with his hump but not enough to turn it over. No bull problems otherwise (at least not with the feeder :x ).

milesvb":1q20hmst said:
This is a link to a feeder I made not too long ago: http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ral+feeder

I'm thinking of taking some corral panels that I'm not using and putting them on either side and hanging rubs from them. I figured the cattle would snag the rubs and pull the feeder over if I rigged the rubs up directly to it. The edge of the roof is just low enough that the brahmer bull tilts the feeder up with his hump but not enough to turn it over. No bull problems otherwise (at least not with the feeder :x ).

Thanks for posting this link Miles I have been looking for your mineral feeder design for the last couple a days.

Latest posts