Meth

Help Support CattleToday:

I live in a small town in west Virginia meth is everywhere. I can not believe it. people are cooking meth in houses, motels and the back of cars. sometimes kids are in the houses. they get arrested and before long. you see them back on the street.

wv mud river":3ox31en7 said:
I live in a small town in west Virginia meth is everywhere. I can not believe it. people are cooking meth in houses, motels and the back of cars. sometimes kids are in the houses. they get arrested and before long. you see them back on the street.

Quite a few here see it as a business if they get caught and go to jail it is just part of
doing business.
The Aryan Brotherhood has a lot of influence as well.
It is not unusual to see out of state plates in certain areas
making a pickup of drugs. The roadside parks are one of the favorite areas
for transactions to take place. The last place I would stop would be a roadside park on US 190
or US 287.

Shanghai":3o3xv997 said:
What I see in rural Texas and Oklahoma is wanna be gansta's
These are poor ignorant kids from low income families out away from the cities that are bored and looking for excitement and money like they see on MTV.
They want to be like the rapper's and ballers they see on TV.
They get these old car's and put big shiny wheels on it and big speakers. They wear old throwback jersey's, flat billed caps and shoes Kobe or Lebron wears. Riding round acting tough like their pushing weight.
Most live at home with their welfare mother and they steal starting fluid, anhydrous, allergy and cold medicine and anything they can get their hands on.
They're just ignorant kids with no ambition and no desire to change their lives.
That's the black kids here. The white ones are just plain dirty trash in run down cars and trucks.
Just filthy. Most are stealing cooper to buy if they aren't making meth.

Got paged out for a person who was not feeling well and had a fast heart rate.
Meth head. They jumped from their friends vehicle into the back of a strangers vehicle. cops got called, then we got called.

This person was totally messed up! Made me nervous taking them to the hospital. really scared me when dispatch came across and said this person had felony convictions for aggravated assault, but we were already enroute and the cop was right behind me. I had told my crew if they started acting up yell to me and I was going to stop and they were to bail. Then they were the cops problem!

Yeah it is all over. Got bath salts, meow, spice and now heroin is making a come back. Giving cops norcan to save those idiots. The pain patches too. I believe it was fetanole that killed our friend's son.

I think we should treat all the criminals and dopers the same. Give them free rehab if they want it. And if someone get convicted of breaking the law three times their done. A 22 bullet behind the ear of the bad guys will fix this problem quick. Some people need to pull their pants up and get to work. Drugs and stealing go hand in hand. And I hate a thief as much as a pedophile sometimes more. A thief needs killing period, no if ands or butts about it.

And just what are we doing about this epidemic??? Nothing, really! I think back to the early 80's and the "Just Say No" campaign as well as declaring a "War on Drugs"! First off, in war there are CASUALTIES!!! If you want to declare a war on something, you had better be able to back up your statements!!

IF you are really serious about stopping drugs in this country, the answer is simple... create a law that states if you get caught with any illegal drug (no matter the amount) it will be a Capitol Offense! Penalty: Death! I know to some that this may seem harsh.... to that I say, not as harsh as what is happening to our society as a result of drugs!

Shanghai":2vfewka8 said:
Whiskey and marijuana can do the same thing

For the record I totally disagree! :)

I have dealt with alcoholics and pot heads most of my life.

Meth is a completely different problem and much more devastating to families. It'll age someone 25 years in a matter of 3 to 5 years. Aint never seen anything else so devastating.

It's a real shame what drugs have done to this country once you think about it. There are very few families if any that haven't had problems with drugs. It's really sad to think about.

backhoeboogie":4qhpkpmz said:
Shanghai":4qhpkpmz said:
Whiskey and marijuana can do the same thing

For the record I totally disagree! :)

I have dealt with alcoholics and pot heads most of my life.

Meth is a completely different problem and much more devastating to families. It'll age someone 25 years in a matter of 3 to 5 years. Aint never seen anything else so devastating.

Alcohol has ruined more lives and families than meth and other drugs combined.
Mostly because alcohol is legal and readily available, now that marijuana is becoming legal in more states we'll see what affect it has on peoples lives.

I agree meth is quicker and more severe on the body, but it's not widely abused as alcohol.

Shanghai I disagree. Once a person does meth they are hooked period!

Alcohol tastes like crap to me and has since the day my grandfather gave me a drink of beer at age 3. There are people who take one drink, like my grandfather, and are hooked for life and never stop drinking in the extreme and then there are people like me who can go their whole lives without it.

Both are a drug.

Daughter is a pharmacist. She's always amazed at how many young people have prescriptions for hydrocodone or vicodin....I mean like 200 pills at a time mostly paid for by medicaid. They look at replays on their security cameras and can see a guy with a newly filled prescription sitting on the parking lot as cars drive up to him and buy the dope from him.

I luv herfrds":orisg7z4 said:

Alcohol tastes like crap to me and has since the day my grandfather gave me a drink of beer at age 3. There are people who take one drink, like my grandfather, and are hooked for life and never stop drinking in the extreme and then there are people like me who can go their whole lives without it.

Both are a drug.

People on meth can rationalize anything. Absolutely anything - murder etc. They will steal from loved ones. Never seen alcoholics go to wide spread stealing from their parents. Surely some do. Practically all meth heads do.

As far as the pot goes, I had rather have folks smoke weed than drink alcohol. The problem is one is legal and one is not. Therefore you support organized crime when you smoke pot.

Some people can handle alcohol. Some cannot. No one can handle meth. They are serious addicts from the first time they try it. Go to some of the support groups and listen. Celebrate Recovery is one I have sat through many times. Pretty depressing to see what these intelligent wholesome kids have done to themselves.

I would probably take a drink or two some time in the future. I would never touch meth.

Random UA tests hit me about twice a year for my job. Its been that way for 30 something years now. Smoking pot would wreck my career and I would not take that chance.

As far as the meth goes, my youngest is an addict and has been to prison twice. I have a great deal of first hand experience. I also have opinions formed :D I am raising her sons and paying a thousand a month to day care. Hadn't planned on that at this age. But it aint the kids fault. Just glad I can afford to give them a good life.

Getting back to Jogee's original post, the looks to that girl tell a tale. Some of us have seen worse.

What you don't see is the emotion. These ladies eventually sell themselves sort of in to prostitution and wind up hating themselves for it. They hate themselves for what they do to their families. Suicide becomes a viable option almost daily for some. The emotional devastation seems worse than the visual. Prisons are full.

I believe that meth is slowly going away here. Ten years ago it was common to see meth heads at the grocery store or where ever. They are easy to spot. Now you don't see them very often.

There is less meth in central fl the last few years only to be replaced by oxy and other opiate pharmaceuticals. That's the road I see medicinal pot going. Not too hard to get a scrip for oxy and it won't be hard to get one for pot

There is a guy I know whose wife got a prescription for medical pot to help her quit smoking. So now she rolls a couple up after work and gets stoned. Is she smoking less? Yes, at least in the evenings when she is too stoned to move. I am sure there are people that the pot helps just as there are people helped by oxy. But an awful lot of them just want to get stoned.

backhoeboogie":1p5invx8 said:
I luv herfrds":1p5invx8 said:

Both are a drug.

People on meth can rationalize anything. Absolutely anything - murder etc. They will steal from loved ones. Never seen alcoholics go to wide spread stealing from their parents. Surely some do. Practically all meth heads do.

As far as the pot goes, I had rather have folks smoke weed than drink alcohol. The problem is one is legal and one is not. Therefore you support organized crime when you smoke pot.

Some people can handle alcohol. Some cannot. No one can handle meth. They are serious addicts from the first time they try it. Go to some of the support groups and listen. Celebrate Recovery is one I have sat through many times. Pretty depressing to see what these intelligent wholesome kids have done to themselves.

I would probably take a drink or two some time in the future. I would never touch meth.

Random UA tests hit me about twice a year for my job. Its been that way for 30 something years now. Smoking pot would wreck my career and I would not take that chance.

As far as the meth goes, my youngest is an addict and has been to prison twice. I have a great deal of first hand experience. I also have opinions formed :D I am raising her sons and paying a thousand a month to day care. Hadn't planned on that at this age. But it aint the kids fault. Just glad I can afford to give them a good life.

BHB, I always got the feeling you were a good guy from your posts and this post confirmed my suspicions. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully someday she comes to her senses. Your grandsons are lucky to have you in their lives.

I have a broken back that gives me trouble so I have pain killers. I never could understand why they are abused. They just take the edge off my pain and sure don't make me happier.

lovehammer":17z6gu45 said:
BHB, I always got the feeling you were a good guy from your posts and this post confirmed my suspicions. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully someday she comes to her senses. Your grandsons are lucky to have you in their lives.

Thank you very much. It used to be embarrassing for me. But I raised her right. Sent her off to college and she came home a meth head. Other daughter came home an engineer.

It is not about me anyway. Right now it is about my grandsons and I am doing the best I can. Was married nearly 33 years to their grandmother and we had much differences on how to handle the situation.

A month ago I married again. The new boss lady is really good to my grandsons. They love her.

I am blessed. Much of this thread probably sounds negative. I am actually quite fortuneate and blessed. You need to know that.

The users are not the problem but the symptom.
Manufacturers, drug runners, and pushers should be dealt with extreme prejudice.
Have to make the penalty where it is not worth it.

Latest posts