mediation what a waste of time!

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
i have to got to court today for mediation w the turtle rancher! this is the first part of the civil case pay some lawyer to tell me play nice.. and give her my land !!!! i seriously doubt that he"ll tell her to take her turtles and go home.. what a waste of time..doug had 2 vacation days left till the first of the yr.. barb is going w /me because i dont want doug to waste his days on her! she already has cost me $ plus we pay for her everyday.. i told my lawyer that they can kiss my...............DONKEY !!!! but used another word... im not giving her any thing ! i cant believe how ppl can take some ones land.. when they hold legal tittle to it and paid for it! sory for the rant but i have to get it out of my system before i go some how gotta find my "mr rodgers" attitude.. only thing i wont be saying wont you be my neighbor ! Rose

Sorry Rose. Surely this whole thing will come to a good conclusion for you.

Rose,

With mediation, you don't have to agree to anything, do you? I can't remember, exactly. I was only involved in one and it was peripheral...and I did everything I could to stay out of any of it until I had no choice. It was a child custody thing...brings back nightmares. Anyway, as I remember, no one HAD to agree to get along and play nice...it could always go back to the judge to decide. I don't know if that's the case here or not.

Sometimes stuff like this wears a person down until they just say, screw it...I'm done with it...whatever it takes to get it over with. But, I'm with ya', girl...stand your ground...don't back down...don't compromise, unless it's in your best interest. Let us know how it turns out.

Alice

yes alice thats pretty much how this will go.. no one has to agree.. its just a "benice" way to soak more money 150.00 an hour.. we have to split the cost of that.. but..its just part of the process my theory " im too far in the creek to turn back now" if it would of cost me 5 bucks id fight it out.. i figure its gonna cost 150.00 no matter what.. but we are not dragging this out any longer... ill be watching my watch... 55 mins and eeeeeeeeeeeeeee... times up! then they can pucker up and kiss ol general jacksons back side ! ill ck in to nite with results of todays events! hope im still speaking english! LOL may need a translator :mad:

i hope you can get the lands prob settled soon.but the more i read about the probs your having.the more im thinking itll be tied up in court for years.an nothing will be settled.your a strong women to go through all that.

well the mediation is done and were preceding to court.. big surprise there. we met all together ol turtle lady was out of it.. she was so spaced out i think she lost her ship! had a 10 second delay on ever answer but ol ma was there to throw her 50 cents in..they wanted the road back where it was.. which was all over the field.. she said it never got muddy before. my lawyer to them that no when they got a hole rutted out they moved over inthe field... i sat an took note because if i said any thing to her it would end up in a shouting match...they want now.. 1 acer of land.. by spring it will be the full 62 acers! then went went in a different rooms. i figured let then rant and rave, it will be my turn along w the mediator. so i layed out my doc and my pics.. i told him i should be worried about how much fuel i have inmy tractor in stand of wheres my legal file! dont know what went on next door but you could see in his eyes and expressions that this was all bs..we made an offer to give her life time only her on a peice of land that her green house was on 33 feet at the widest conecting to the middle pin about 100 feet after going back and forth for 3 hours i would not sell her any thing nor would i move my fence the part that was fenced in isnt even up for discussion..they agreed to that but they her lawyer said were still going to court over the right a way! so all deals off... the mediator came back looking a little mad. apologized, and said he was sorry he hoped that this could end here.. and he would not charge me for to day.. only good note of the day!!! so it cost ol ma about 350.00 he said he would wright a report to the judge ..so at least it gonna show who the butthead head is here.. now if it helps who knows Rose

I have you in my thoughts Rose. Everyone wants to fight over something. It's a shame that things are not as simple as black and white now days.
Don't give up and stay strong.

I hope it works out for you in the long run. Some people will just go out of their way to cause you problems.

Good luck,

CSM

brownmule":aser6qkp said:
well the mediation is done and were preceding to court.. big surprise there. we met all together ol turtle lady was out of it.. she was so spaced out i think she lost her ship! had a 10 second delay on ever answer but ol ma was there to throw her 50 cents in..they wanted the road back where it was.. which was all over the field.. she said it never got muddy before. my lawyer to them that no when they got a hole rutted out they moved over inthe field... i sat an took note because if i said any thing to her it would end up in a shouting match...they want now.. 1 acer of land.. by spring it will be the full 62 acers! then went went in a different rooms. i figured let then rant and rave, it will be my turn along w the mediator. so i layed out my doc and my pics.. i told him i should be worried about how much fuel i have inmy tractor in stand of wheres my legal file! dont know what went on next door but you could see in his eyes and expressions that this was all bs..we made an offer to give her life time only her on a peice of land that her green house was on 33 feet at the widest conecting to the middle pin about 100 feet after going back and forth for 3 hours i would not sell her any thing nor would i move my fence the part that was fenced in isnt even up for discussion..they agreed to that but they her lawyer said were still going to court over the right a way! so all deals off... the mediator came back looking a little mad. apologized, and said he was sorry he hoped that this could end here.. and he would not charge me for to day.. only good note of the day!!! so it cost ol ma about 350.00 he said he would wright a report to the judge ..so at least it gonna show who the butthead head is here.. now if it helps who knows Rose

What exactly does your neighbor want?

Easement seems like a pretty standard thing, is it that you share the same road that enters each of your property's?

GMN

GMN what she wants is something for nothing, when her x boy friend ( who she stole the land from)bought the land they had a right a way but it was straight up the mt.. was so much easier to go up the hallow and cut thru the neighbors field ( right thru the middle) he didnt stop them so now it is established ( i not fighting that fact) what im fighting is when they got a mud hole started they would move over.. they were running on both sides of the field looked like a snake path there never was a "set right a way" how wide etc.. no she wants me to take down my fence on both sides of the road and put it back like it use to be " free range for any car to wonder over apx 25 acres ... second issue.. tony built his house on the corner of his land lines run 12 feet from side of house 14 straight across her house.. we have one side fence in and we use it for hay/food plot
she use to use it for her wood pile ( your gonna love this one) and the turtle coral.... i have gave her legal notice that we would be build fence there over and over.. so summer before last we did.. thats when she can out in the middle of the field. stood in ft of the tractor and was refusing to move ( doug was pulling a big fence post) thats were to police first came in to the pic.. went around and round w local was threaten to be put in jail... police were called again. states were called.he knew what he was looking at... read all my doc.. and told her this was there land and we could build fence.. so on and so on
the 14 ft across, she has a green house on use and refuses to move it we had been trying to fence that side in police threaten to throw me in jail again,, she started out suing me for 1 - 75 x75 lot then it went to 2 75x75 s now its an acer.. so now this is where it all lays.. she wants the fence gone,up and down the rd and 1 acer of land for nothing.. the land had been for sale for many yrs prior to us buying it.. now it will go before an jury in the spring...

If she can raise turtles you should be able to raise some exotics as well. How about some wild Russian Boer, some bad mean bulls, hog farm, etc. Bet she would want the fence left up.

LOL i have a few highlands they are not mean.. but some ppl dont know that... i think the horns would back most LOL and my bull is a cookie freak... i could send her "cookie of the month club' for xmas lol
IM001437.jpg

and then theres............... IONA.........
IM001442.jpg

LOL

novatech":19th1yre said:
Is that you relieving himself behind the tree? :lol:

as the kids would say OMG! LOL thats carl and he had his dog out running rabbits really! :oops: i never really thought about the pic.... lol im a little more petite than carl...lol
Rose
:lol:

I must have missed your original post.. excuse my ignorance.

I understand the easement thing, but if she has an easement to get to her property through yours, it should have a legal description somewhere, which would tell everyone how wide it is. If it's an easement by "necessity" (may be considered something else in WV) then it would still be assigned a width. A person can't just arbitrarily move an easement based on access.. it would be up to the easement user to maintain it.

Try a counter suit. Force them to maintain a passable road with culverts and redone on a stipulated time frame. Include the fence in the maintenance program. These items are only there for their benefit. They should be forced to maintain them.
"A good defense is a good offense."

novatech":1bf5tgr0 said:
Try a counter suit. Force them to maintain a passable road with culverts and redone on a stipulated time frame. Include the fence in the maintenance program. These items are only there for their benefit. They should be forced to maintain them.
"A good defense is a good offense."

That's kind of what I am thinking Nova. Agree to something that will cost THEM several thousand dollars - then give them a deadline to implement. Ensure you are excluded from all costs associated with any contracts.

Latest posts