Maybe they need a couple of cowboys...

Help Support CattleToday:

So they're sending a team in to study them and figure out some way of removing them. That should cost about a million bucks. Maybe even two if they can stretch it into two years

They must be minis. That was funny where the trail guide knocked a charging bull down by swinging a fence post at him.

four wheel drive truck with cube feeder and within a few months you could get them to follow you any where

NO they don't need cowboys.... what they need is a localized hunting season on Collarless Dogs and Feral Cattle.
Issue hunting permits and close the area to the general public for 2 weeks for the hunting season.

I call :bs: on the guy's 'hero' story about how he stopped a rampaging bull the size of a small car charging him with
horns pointed at his belt buckle by using a fence post to the side of the head.

The bull probably looked at him, snorted and walked towards him and he hit him with the fence post...
otherwise hitting a charging bull upside the head... yes it would turn him, but a bull worked up would turn back again
and then continue the attack. Rampaging bulls don't give up easily.

About 94% of the time most fear is:
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

I am amazed that they don't see the similarities between this issue and the invasive species that are destroying our county. They are all worked up about a few head of cattle,( "they need to be removed — and I'm all for lethal removal. They don't belong here."), yet have an open door policy for the freeloaders that come across our borders.

I'm not against immigration, my ancestors all got here on boats, but they all did it the legal way.

There is no shortage of good cowboys in California. The trouble is most of the cowboys are northern Cali and these cattle are in the southern part of the state. And of course the people worried about these cattle are from Southern Cali where they don't know cowboys or cows.

I had a deer hunter complain about my herd charging him in a wild stampede.
I of course was shocked until he told his story.
He pulled up in the pasture. Got out with a empty corn sack and walked out to nail it to a tree to use as a target.. :lol2: :roll:

callmefence":3ovl3r2p said:
He pulled up in the pasture. Got out with a empty corn sack and walked out to nail it to a tree to use as a target.. :lol2: :roll:

I have had them nearly walk over me when I was carrying buckets of feed out to pour in a feeder.

There was a guy from a conservation district up north of Seattle who was out in a pasture taking soil samples. A bull took after him. He went over a river bank to get away. He was stuck on a little ledge. The bull on top of the bank and fast moving water way over his head just a short step in front of him. Some fishermen came by in a boat and saved him. Turned out that the "bull" was a 4H steer and he was putting his soil samples in a white bucket. Also turned out that this guy is an idiot and should never be allowed on a farm alone.

Best line in the whole article......."trails in the state make it a vexing problem for federal land managers. Because of a lack of cellphone service in portions of these canyon lands, it wouldn't be easy to summon help in the event of a stampede "

Wish it was closer, and you could keep what ya catch.

I would move a few of my cows in and feed cubes to teach the feral cows how to eat from the kubota utv. Then I could get all of the cows to follow me any where I needed them to go. Might take a bought a month

Bright Raven":1599g4y8 said:
callmefence":1599g4y8 said:

I have had them nearly walk over me when I was carrying buckets of feed out to pour in a feeder.

Feeding cubes is the most dangerous job around here.

Latest posts