Market for Miniatures

Help Support CattleToday:

Welcome back. Would love to hear more about how that process worked for you and how you developed the embryos and AI program.

Welcome back. I'm always interested to see different breeds. Glad you all are able to preserve the breed.

I bought a "small", lowline type angus cow at a sale for $300, bred. She had a calf and it was as big as her at 6 months... she got bred to one of the angus bulls and calved regularly for about 6-7 more calves then came up open. Weighed about 800 when she was culled... not too bad a price, in very good flesh. Her daughters are all a little shorter/smaller, but they really milk and put the pounds on the calves. But overall the mini breeds get hurt bad at the sale. I will buy those type cows at a real discount and see how they do. But it is true that you need to be able to market the offspring as freezer beef and such or you will get discounted terribly at the stock yard. They are cute, and they do not need near as much space or feed....
I commend you for trying to keep a rare breed alive... and at least you can eat the culls.

Latest posts