Mandatory mask required.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
I want to know where these more people die of the flu numbers comes from? In 2018-2019 (the most current numbers) 34,157 died from the flu Nationwide.

These are the official numbers of the CDC. Granted, in 2017-18 the numbers were about 60,000 but on average the yearly deaths from the flu are around 12,000 to 60,000 per year. We are currently at 142,068 deaths from Covid-19 as of this morning and it is still climbing.

Read very slowly so you don't miss it.

Here is the thing CB, assuming those numbers are true, and I have no idea if they are.

1 Has your state already taken any measures, such as lock downs, restriction, social distancing rules or recommendations ? mask rules etc ? If yes....... then that number reflects a skewing of what would happen if everyone there just carried on as normal, i.e, it had an effect at lowering the spread....

2 Your state seemed to be one of the ones that did not have a large problem to start with, but the build up is coming.....and then, if it is controlled, look for the second wave that it seems every place gets.

3 If stringent measures are not taken to contain spread, it seems on every place in the globe, large death counts follow about a month or so after

So that is the prob, your state took measures when it did not have a large problem, so the deaths are low, like ours, but you may be able to see if nothing was done, it would def have been higher, and maybe many magnitudes higher, and you cannot rule out that it is only kicking off there maybe (that is something I do not know).

It is like taking out a bad tumor early on, then saying...see, cancer does not kill, surgery is not necessary, the doctors were just in on a scheme to steal my money. But the doctors know pretty much what happens in many cases if the tumor is left and ignored.

greggy said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
I want to know where these more people die of the flu numbers comes from? In 2018-2019 (the most current numbers) 34,157 died from the flu Nationwide.

These are the official numbers of the CDC. Granted, in 2017-18 the numbers were about 60,000 but on average the yearly deaths from the flu are around 12,000 to 60,000 per year. We are currently at 142,068 deaths from Covid-19 as of this morning and it is still climbing.

Read very slowly so you don't miss it.

Here is the thing CB, assuming those numbers are true, and I have no idea if they are.

1 Has your state already taken any measures, such as lock downs, restriction, social distancing rules or recommendations ? mask rules etc ? If yes....... then that number reflects a skewing of what would happen if everyone there just carried on as normal, i.e, it had an effect at lowering the spread....

2 Your state seemed to be one of the ones that did not have a large problem to start with, but the build up is coming.....and then, if it is controlled, look for the second wave that it seems every place gets.

3 If stringent measures are not taken to contain spread, it seems on every place in the globe, large death counts follow about a month or so after

So that is the prob, your state took measures when it did not have a large problem, so the deaths are low, like ours, but you may be able to see if nothing was done, it would def have been higher, and maybe many magnitudes higher, and you cannot rule out that it is only kicking off there maybe (that is something I do not know).

It is like taking out a bad tumor early on, then saying...see, cancer does not kill, surgery is not necessary, the doctors were just in on a scheme to steal my money. But the doctors know pretty much what happens in many cases if the tumor is left and ignored.

Texas opened wide up early on. Think we were leading the pack. They closed bars back down last week but every thing else is rocking and rolling that I know of.

We are in our second wave right now.

Despite the Gov going to mandatory masks our numbers continue to rise. There is no correlation between wearing masks and the count going up or down. Probably over 95% of the people I see have been wearing a mask for months already. It has to do 100% with how much interacting people are doing. Social distancing is proven to work. Home made masks do not.

We have had very low numbers in our county. We just went over the 20 mark last week because a family had a birthday party and some one brought a sick kid. Every one at the party saw the sick girl but wrote it off as some thing else. Like 10 people got it from that one party and one older man passed away. You cant fix stupid.

Masks do make a difference, it is to slow the spread, for people who may be asymptomatic or have no symtoms, it is not the 100% fix, it is in conjunction with other measures.

re the waves for Texas, this may not be second wave, but may be in fact your first taste, maybe like when NY started.....

I had a meeting with my sons cardiologist last week about going back to school and he told us directly the face masks, home made coverings, etc tgat are being allowed will not help. He said if the kids do not keep their distance and are not in medical grade masks it's a no go. My friends have been told the same with their kids from their doctors.

Masks work on covid like assault rifle bans work on school shootings. Both are distractions from the actual issues which are social distancing and mental health.

IMO the mask push has harmed more than it has helped. People have slacked on the things that actually work thinking the masks are helping.

Brute 23 said:
Masks work on covid like assault rifle bans work on school shootings. Both are distractions from the actual issues which are social distancing and mental health.

IMO the mask push has harmed more than it has helped. People have slacked on the things that actually work thinking the masks are helping.

The way I see it. Everytime a person touches a mask they put their hands in their face, and they put their hands to a piece of cloth that's soaked in saliva. The same hands they touch everything that everyone else touches with their hands that they're fixing to handle their mask with. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Course what do I know..

Was buying a bag of dog food at the pet supply store. You had to be wearing a mask to get in the door.

Got the bag of dog food and at the checkout there is this big plexiglass with a little covey hole to place your bag. There is a line of carts in front of the counter so you can't get close. Had to throw the 35 pound bag toward the opening of the plexiglass. The girl asked me something 3 times and I could never understand her. Then she stepped beyond the plexiglass and pulled her mask down a little and I was able to understand what she was saying.

Don't mind wearing a mask, but some of this is a little much.

callmefence said:
Brute 23 said:

The way I see it. Everytime a person touches a mask they put their hands in their face, and they put their hands to a piece of cloth that's soaked in saliva. The same hands they touch everything that everyone else touches with their hands that they're fixing to handle their mask with. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Course what do I know..

Your trying to apply logic and logic has no place in society today. The lemmings smell the sea you can't stop them.

Brute 23 said:
We have had very low numbers in our county. We just went over the 20 mark last week because a family had a birthday party and some one brought a sick kid. Every one at the party saw the sick girl but wrote it off as some thing else. Like 10 people got it from that one party and one older man passed away. You cant fix stupid.

That's one concern I have; you can't always trust people to use common sense. If one could, that would help a lot, but you can't trust everyone who is feeling sick to keep their butt at home.

SmokinM said:
callmefence said:
Brute 23 said:

Course what do I know..

Your trying to apply logic and logic has no place in society today. The lemmings smell the sea you can't stop them.

Watched a buyer in the salebarn pull down his mask every few minutes to spit his skoal on the floor. Saw people doing it last week as well.
He was one of ten wearing a mask out of a hundred.
You just can't make this shyt up.

kenny thomas said:
I was one of 3 wearing a mask at the stockyard yesterday.
Can anybody set in the auction now as only buyers from my understanding there a while.

jltrent said:
kenny thomas said:
Can anybody set in the auction now as only buyers from my understanding there a while.
It's pretty wide open to everyone it seems. Probably 7-8 people buy almost all of them and there will be 25 there.

jltrent said:
kenny thomas said:
There was a lot there yesterday in the seats.
That's all we need is more snowflake mentality driving the prices down even farther.

I read some articles written several years ago talking about how the govt was studying how to get viruses to travel from animals to humans for the purpose of weaponizing it. During the Obama administration he had it moved to Wuhan, China and helped fund the lab. I'm not a conspiracy person but that is coincidental. The study was going on thru several other presidents but was moved during his administration.

Latest posts