Mandatory mask required.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:
"The president got bored with it," David Carney, an adviser to the Texas governor, Greg Abbott, a Republican, said of the pandemic. He noted that Abbott directs his requests to Pence, with whom he speaks two to three times a week.

We're all a little bored with it at this point.

People act like a virus and death are new because the news told them so.

C'mon, that is rubbish.

Lot of things can kill you, not so many are so contagious and right now, now, I am not worried, but I am worried about my boss, and some not so well relatives, some may have 20 years left unless they get the bug.

Like many posts ago elsewhere, this can be the classic trolley question, at least we are no longer debating various hoax theories :)

greggy said:
Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
We're all a little bored with it at this point.

C'mon, that is rubbish.

Lot of things can kill you, not so many are so contagious and right now, now, I am not worried, but I am worried about my boss, and some not so well relatives, some may have 20 years left unless they get the bug.

Like many posts ago elsewhere, this can be the classic trolley question, at least we are no longer debating various hoax theories :)

It's actually not when three times more people die in this state every year to the flu.
They were totally oblivious to it the media made this into the new Black Death.

Caustic Burno said:
greggy said:
Caustic Burno said:

C'mon, that is rubbish.

It's actually not when three times more people die in this state every year to the flu.
The first covid death was in March so hardly represents more than 3 full months and most of those "flu" numbers also include pneumonia. The same pneumonia that the covid nay sayers were bytching about being a secondary cause of death from the virus.

TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:
greggy said:
C'mon, that is rubbish.

The first covid death was in March so hardly represents more than 3 full months and most of those "flu" numbers also include pneumonia. The same pneumonia that the covid nay sayers were bytching about being a secondary cause of death from the virus.

Most people die of pneumonia be they have cancer to Covid.

Caustic Burno said:
greggy said:
Caustic Burno said:

C'mon, that is rubbish.

Could there be less because there was action taken to slow it ?

How many deaths would it take to become a problem ?

greggy said:
Caustic Burno said:
greggy said:
C'mon, that is rubbish.

Could there be less because there was action taken to slow it ?

How many deaths would it take to become a problem ?

My bar is 1 mil.

Caustic Burno said:
TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:

Most people die of pneumonia be they have cancer to Covid.

Let us say the media are hyping things due to wrong reading of data, so then, we are just debating how the data is collected and presented.

But like I have said many times, not everyone could be in on this hoax or plan to seize funds, many countries have a social medical system and there is no payments as most are govt owned/run.

There is too much evidence that it is a problem, we have a problem again now here, it has exploded due to some poor actions of a few people, the state is desperately trying to put the genie back in the bottle & it may end up getting away totally, this has happened in a few weeks. The deaths had stopped, they are now starting again, I trust this reporting, therefore believe it is far more contagious & we are still learning about effects, clearly it seems deadly to those already ill or frail.

When we had it controlled, there was near no deaths.

It is a difficult thing, easy to just say too hell with it and it does what it does, easy to make that call while on the forum and not in danger, we cannot believe some of us live in a different world.

Again, I only advocate sensible & relatively easy measures, it seems we cannot hide from this either, but these fruit loops at demonstrations with masks around neck or holes cut out for mouth are just plain idiots, idiots on multiple levels it seems too me, and I know most here would not advocate the mobs causing trouble either, but they are causing unseen trouble just having these PC correct demonstrations or riots etc...

You don't care about flu deaths either CB. Why do you keep bringing them up?

TT, you are kinda like CB.
My bar is 1 mil.
Dollars or lives Mr. Jones?
One YOU value, one you do not.
What a sad testament to a man's character that it would take a million of his countrymen's deaths for him to become concerned.
Don't ever again say "All lives matter" because it's obvious that is a dang lie.

greybeard said:

My bar is 1 mil.
What a sad testament to a man's character that it would take a million of his countrymen's deaths for him to become concerned.
Don't ever again say "All lives matter" because it's obvious that is a dang lie.

I never said all lives matter.
Never really believed it either as the herd definitely needs to be culled of current crop of terrorist IMO.
Hate to break this too you but your old and going and so scared your willing to cripple generations of young and growing over your fear.
What's more sad is watching people fold and get in lock step giving away the next generations freedoms because they are scared.

I want to know where these more people die of the flu numbers comes from? In 2018-2019 (the most current numbers) 34,157 died from the flu Nationwide.

These are the official numbers of the CDC. Granted, in 2017-18 the numbers were about 60,000 but on average the yearly deaths from the flu are around 12,000 to 60,000 per year. We are currently at 142,068 deaths from Covid-19 as of this morning and it is still climbing.

sstterry said:
I want to know where these more people die of the flu numbers comes from? In 2018-2019 (the most current numbers) 34,157 died from the flu Nationwide.

These are the official numbers of the CDC. Granted, in 2017-18 the numbers were about 60,000 but on average the yearly deaths from the flu are around 12,000 to 60,000 per year. We are currently at 142,068 deaths from Covid-19 as of this morning and it is still climbing.

Read very slowly so you don't miss it.

sstterry said:
The death rate is going up by over 100 hundred per day. These are yesterday's numbers.

Most of those people were going to die of something anyway.
The average age of death is over 70.
Hate to break this too y'all that's old and most have a foot on a banana peel.
If it was 10-20 year olds dropping versus a bunch of curmudgeons then Houston you have a problem.
"IT IS NOW well-known that, although covid-19 can strike even the very young, older folk face the greatest risk. In hard-hit rich countries, about 60% of all deaths from the disease are among people aged 80 and over."

Read real slow 60% over 80.
You're going to die no matter what 80+ is at the end of the race.

greybeard said:

My bar is 1 mil.

Better?

greybeard said:

My bar is 1 mil.

I think he was trying to be funny again when he said that....bless his heart...lol

TennesseeTuxedo said:
greybeard said:

My bar is 1 mil.

Better?
More honest and accurate anyway......

greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
greybeard said:

Better?
More honest and accurate anyway......

I decided long ago to let go and let God.

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
Maybe a few will learn the value of simply staying at home more. Spending less time and money running to eat, less on daycare, that you don't have to travel and spend time away from home to survive. That is one parent looks after the kids instead of paying someone else to watch and educate them they can survive on one income. Maybe we'll learn we don't need to rush to the er everytime we stump our toe. Maybe we'll learn to be content within our home and hometown. Heck we might even learn we don't need those big sport arenas at the local school. Or the local school to built like a castle.....or the school at all.

I just want us all to come out if this thing with enough rights to decide how to live our lives as we see fit.

Agreed..

That ship has sailed...and taking on water.

Latest posts