Man vs Wild.... Phony

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
There was a post on this guy a while back and a couple of us pointed out how we felt he was a bit of a phony then. Beside the link below of a couple of his videos, he's been busted for sleeping in hotels at night during his filming of "survial in the wilds".

I will say that I do enjoy Survivorman and since he carries his own cameras I think he is for real.

I kinda got the impression that he was a little too good to be true.

I've seen the Man vs. Wild fellow drink his own urine, dive into an icy lake, and eat rattlesnakes. This audacious man admits to having cameramen though they do not help him in any way. As for the hotel suspicions, I will regard that as nothing more than false hearsay.

Duke Wellington":38co020h said:
I've seen the Man vs. Wild fellow drink his own urine, dive into an icy lake, and eat rattlesnakes. This audacious man admits to having cameramen though they do not help him in any way. As for the hotel suspicions, I will regard that as nothing more than false hearsay.

Did you view the two clips I provided links to? I have also watched his show a saw were he was crossing the lava on Hawaii and you could see in the clip there was sandy ground about 100 yards away. In another show you could see people walk out onto the beach a half mile away or so behiond him. He's a phony

Alan

I think he was walking on the lava to prove a point.

However.... as a graduate of the U.S. Marine Corps Survival School and a certified survival instructor, I feel that the show is exactly that, a show. He violates all the principles of wilderness survival, but I guess he couldn't sell the show if they featured actual survival skills.

I like the Survivorman show, but I've never cared for Man vs Wild mainly because of the cameramen and the guy is a little too pretty, he can say they don't help all he wants but when the cameras off who's to say what's going on.

Survivorman is a pritty good show. I watched it a while ago but now all that seems to be on is re-runs. Haven't seen a new one for quite some time.

Alan":b3f9c98j said:
Did you view the two clips I provided links to?
Alan

The one link don't seem to go to where you say. I would like to see them.

Survivor Man, Man Vs. Wild, Dirty Jobs.

Some people will do about anything to get an audience and/or some $$$.

Now...

"Steve Irwin!" THAT was a real event! Too bad one of his wild critters got him... :( But, he died doing what he loved!

looking at just those clips I would say he was a phony, but I would need to see the whole programme to make a proper judgement. Wouldn't want to go down White Water like that it was bad enough in a boat, canoe done both. and you would be mad not to have a life jacket on. IMO.

Have walked on Lava, in Sicilly up on Mt. Etna, could smell the souls of your boots burning, didn't want to stand still for to long. the Lava bridges we saw were different to that, they were all gnarly and full of holes looked like what they were Giant pumice stones.

Running Arrow Bill":1jz2hz0m said:
Survivor Man, Man Vs. Wild, Dirty Jobs.

Some people will do about anything to get an audience and/or some $$$.

Now...

"Steve Irwin!" THAT was a real event! Too bad one of his wild critters got him... :( But, he died doing what he loved!
Love dirty jobs! A show about hard working people and what they have to do everyday, it just doesn't get much better than that.

Mike Rowe is one sharp cookie. Can't find fault with a celeb whose job is to do the worst jobs around.

Walt

Txwalt":2lvpf8ub said:
Mike Rowe is one sharp cookie. Can't find fault with a celeb whose job is to do the worst jobs around.

Walt

Mike Rowe is a sharp cookie, he is all over the discovery channel. Narrates the Deadliest Catch, another great show. Along with the truck commericals.

Alan

Alan":3ld3jbi4 said:
Txwalt":3ld3jbi4 said:

Walt

Mike Rowe is a sharp cookie, he is all over the discovery channel. Narrates the Deadliest Catch, another great show. Along with the truck commericals.

Alan

I like him, and I'm not easily impressed when it comes to celebrities. Whatever IT is, some have it, most don't. He has it, IMO. I don't drink, but I bet he'd make a great drinking buddy. Could probably entertain you all night with some great stories.

Yeah, Mike Rowe seems like the kind of guy you wouldn't mind as a neighbor as long as he took a hot soapy bath after he came home from HIS job!

Some news service from Great Britain reported last week that the Bear Grylls (spelling?) guy is a fake. Someone that was involved in filming the show sat down with a reporter and spilled the beans. Apparently. most nights were spent in lodges or motels and even the one where he is dropped on an 'uninhabited' island - that was one of the less populated Hawaiian islands.

Latest posts