Low class people

Help Support CattleToday:

There definitely is a difference between poor and classless.

Louis CK sums up being broke pretty well

[youtube]https://youtu.be/P3jLufZx3IM[/youtube]

Kingfisher":19b9sr5m said:
What's "milk?"
what's cereal?
We fought over the crumbs in the bottom of the toaster when we could afford the electricity to run the toaster.
Brother turned the toaster on high one morning and the whole county went dark.

Nesikep":wa74k257 said:
There definitely is a difference between poor and classless.

Louis CK sums up being broke pretty well

[youtube]https://youtu.be/P3jLufZx3IM[/youtube]
he likes the f word,, but dang!! that was funny.. :lol:

He uses the sentence enhancers correctly.. unlike that thread we had a while back that dropped F bombs everywhere just to sound cool, or something. He has the content to back it up at least :)

True Grit Farms":17q1jnqm said:
There's a big difference between being poor and low class. I was supposedly raised poor but had respect for people and myself, or I got my but beat.

That's true. I don't know if this will come out like I intend it to, but I'm from KY, and things have changed in past decades.

When my grandparents and parents were young, it was common around here to be poor; most everybody was poor. There was no industry here and farming was moreso for survival and not making a great living. So, being that everybody was poor, there were plenty of fine, upstanding people in the mix.

Today, however, things have changed. Even though we act as though the economy is worse than ever, people actually have opportunity to make a decent living if they would just do it.
I'm not saying it would be easy for everyone to be filthy rich, but they have opportunity to do better than previous generations.

Most people I know in my area of KY that are poor are poor basically because they are too lazy to work or too dumb to manage the free check they get every month. They are happy driving a car that breaks down every other day and wearing clothes that look like they robbed a hobo as long as they have money for cigarettes and Cheetos.

I'm not saying that's how it is anywhere else, just in my local area.

herofan":nequxaoz said:
True Grit Farms":nequxaoz said:
There's a big difference between being poor and low class. I was supposedly raised poor but had respect for people and myself, or I got my but beat.

That's true. I don't know if this will come out like I intend it to, but I'm from KY, and things have changed in past decades.

When my grandparents and parents were young, it was common around here to be poor; most everybody was poor. There was no industry here and farming was moreso for survival and not making a great living. So, being that everybody was poor, there were plenty of fine, upstanding people in the mix.

Today, however, things have changed. Even though we act as though the economy is worse than ever, people actually have opportunity to make a decent living if they would just do it.
I'm not saying it would be easy for everyone to be filthy rich, but they have opportunity to do better than previous generations.

Most people I know in my area of KY that are poor are poor basically because they are too lazy to work or too dumb to manage the free check they get every month. They are happy driving a car that breaks down every other day and wearing clothes that look like they robbed a hobo as long as they have money for cigarettes and Cheetos.

I'm not saying that's how it is anywhere else, just in my local area.
Same here,they'll let their power bill go to get a tattoo..

Sounds like Alabama and Ky just need more Mexicans and Asians....(and I haven't heard the term 'hobo' in a long long time)

greybeard":1jc6o7iw said:
Sounds like Alabama and Ky just need more Mexicans and Asians....(and I haven't heard the term 'hobo' in a long long time)
Need more Mexicans? Can't sling a dead cat and not hit one...but .least they'll work....and they ain't eat up with piercings and tattoos..

ALACOWMAN":2jkqr3fc said:
greybeard":2jkqr3fc said:
Need more Mexicans? Can't sling a dead cat and not hit one...
Stop slingin them things!!!
It attracts Asians
:hide:

greybeard":1q47u8ws said:
ALACOWMAN":1q47u8ws said:
greybeard":1q47u8ws said:
Need more Mexicans? Can't sling a dead cat and not hit one...
Stop slingin them things!!!
It attracts Asians
:hide:
:cowboy:

Latest posts