Love this time of Year!

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
The rains last weekend have the creek and all the springs running and this country looking pretty nice... Temps have been above normal- and today's highs set some new records... Got to 87 at the house..
Too bad the beaver chewed down so many trees before we got rid of them... They were really coming back good... My Dad told me that when Grandpa settled here- there were a lot of trees along the creek- but the freighters camping along the creek cut them all down for firewood... Now they have to battle the porcupines and beaver.

I didn't take time to look close- but all summer long the kids were catching northerns out of these waterholes in the creek...

Max and Ruby worked pretty hard helping sort and trail cows- so deserved a nice swim...

Then a run in the trees... This area hasn't been grazed yet- so you can see we did have a pretty fair grass growing year after we finally got the rains..The cows will move in to this when they run out of all the good green feed... Hopefully they can graze here now into December...

The view from the road as I left- cows scattering out on the lentil fields...

Things are looking good in your part of the world. I was over there visiting (a little south) in August. Youngest daughter and her husband now live out of Miles City. In mid August it was greener in Eastern Montana than it was on the Washington coast.

Latest posts