Love Finding These

Help Support CattleToday:

I am so sorry for your SIL. Yes, an attorney is essential at this point. For the dog to break a chain, and climb a 6 ft fence.... well you are right. It should have been disposed of before now. And to not have vaccination records on an animal that is known to be vicious is really plain stupid. The owners probably are the kind that don't have anything either.... Dam, I'd go after all I could for the "pain and suffering" as well as the actual damages. Has she had to do shots for rabies? Irresponsible owners.....

I know there can be extenuating circumstances sometimes but I cannot stand these lazy, ignorant dog owners and it sounds like this is one. The owners should be taken out of the human breeding pool, just like cows. ...well, not JUST like cows but you know.

farmerjan said:
I am so sorry for your SIL. Yes, an attorney is essential at this point. For the dog to break a chain, and climb a 6 ft fence.... well you are right. It should have been disposed of before now. And to not have vaccination records on an animal that is known to be vicious is really plain stupid. The owners probably are the kind that don't have anything either.... Dam, I'd go after all I could for the "pain and suffering" as well as the actual damages. Has she had to do shots for rabies? Irresponsible owners.....

I will ask today about the rabies shots.
Heard there are going to be some criminal charges as well.

JMER1533 said:
I know there can be extenuating circumstances sometimes but I cannot stand these lazy, ignorant dog owners and it sounds like this is one. The owners should be taken out of the human breeding pool, just like cows. ...well, not JUST like cows but you know.

Yes, just like cows. Make 'em steers and cull the cows........

CB; if there are no vaccination records, I would just be concerned about the rabies. Because I don't think you can "treat it" after the fact. Maybe if she is on anti-biotics that is enough? I am not well versed in it. Here it is the "wrong time of year" for rabies to be considered a problem. But there were several cases again in our area last year and 2 in cattle again. One of the reasons I am not very tolerant of wild animals like raccoons and possums and skunks around the chickens. They never get "relocated" they take a one way permanent trip.
Didn't want to scare you or her.... just one thing I always worry about. And even if the dog was known to have bitten before, why did it break the chain AND climb the fence to get to her.... scary behaviour to me.

Latest posts