Love Finding These

Help Support CattleToday:

Wished I could have got close enough to video. Action was over by the time I got in camera range. New momma found one of the black devils that had a heart attack.
She was pounding it in the ground while reinforcements coming.

Stocker Steve said:
How many buzzards does it take to get a Brimmer calf?
These are not Turkey buzzards but Mexican vultures and very aggressive.
Had 35 to 40 after one the other day.
The problem I have ran into the cow trampling the calf keeping them fought off.

Good mommas!
on two occasions my cows (with young calves) raised a heck of a stink.. once was for a grizzly bear, the other time was for two young mountain lions that came prowling.. Yotes here haven't caused me any grief, cows don't seem to mind them much.

I tried to take a picture a few days ago of some, but they were just too far away to show up well on my phone camera. A huge flock of them, just slowly making a big circle while moving off to the East. If there were less than 100 in the flock I would be surprised.
By far, the largest congregation of them I've ever seen.

greybeard said:
I tried to take a picture a few days ago of some, but they were just too far away to show up well on my phone camera. A huge flock of them, just slowly making a big circle while moving off to the East. If there were less than 100 in the flock I would be surprised.
By far, the largest congregation of them I've ever seen.

TPWD needs to come up with an eradication program.

True Grit Farms said:
We saved a calf today thanks to the dogs barking at the buzzards. I thought UPS was here the way the dogs were barking so much.

Ironic you say that about the dogs my SIL was attacked and mauled by a Labrador and Heeler making deliveries requiring transportation by ambulance.

Caustic Burno said:
True Grit Farms said:
We saved a calf today thanks to the dogs barking at the buzzards. I thought UPS was here the way the dogs were barking so much.

Ironic you say that about the dogs my SIL was attacked and mauled by a Labrador and Heeler making deliveries requiring transportation by ambulance.

That's terrible CB, I have no use for a dog that bites unless it's told to.

I'm over in Seguin and I'm just glad we haven't had any problems with the birds here.

Good lookin cattle, that salebarn special is turning out pretty nice. I snagged a good dark grey with some ear a couple weeks ago I'm pretty happy with.

Caustic Burno said:
This was the other day.
The package required a signature, the lab broke off a chain and the heeler came out of the house.

Sorry for your SIL. Hope he will be okay and not have any lasting bad effects. I also don't like a dog that will bite unless told to. Have had German Shepards most of my life, and one time had one attack, and I shot it. Would never trust it after that. And a chain can break. Did have one that would bite, and there were signs to that effect. I kept him in the house or in a very STURDY pen. Never had a lab be aggressive, but a heeler will nip. Got bit by a standard poodle as a child, so any dog can bite.

I'll trust a pit bull before I trust a german shepherd, I've been bitten by them, my ex got severely bitten, and in all cases the dogs knew who they were biting

Sorry CB thought SIL was son in law... not sister in law.... How is she doing? As for the breeds of dogs that people dislike/hate.... I have been bitten by the standard poodle, and twice by cattle dogs. One aussy and one border collie. Never by a shepherd, but yes they will bite. Had a dalmation absolutely tear a friend into pieces before we practically killed it bashing it's head, to make it let go. Dobermans scare me, but a farmer had a 1/2 that was the lovingest dog I have ever seen. There's a pit bull that comes around a dairy I test, he is such a "baby" with everyone, and just wants attention. But a lab does surprise me a bit.

farmerjan said:
Sorry CB thought SIL was son in law... not sister in law.... How is she doing? As for the breeds of dogs that people dislike/hate.... I have been bitten by the standard poodle, and twice by cattle dogs. One aussy and one border collie. Never by a shepherd, but yes they will bite. Had a dalmation absolutely tear a friend into pieces before we practically killed it bashing it's head, to make it let go. Dobermans scare me, but a farmer had a 1/2 that was the lovingest dog I have ever seen. There's a pit bull that comes around a dairy I test, he is such a "baby" with everyone, and just wants attention. But a lab does surprise me a bit.

Tomorrow will be two weeks still getting wound treatment.
The Labrador that attacked her broke a chain and climbed a six foot fence.
The dogs are in quarantine due to no vaccination records.
I found out that the dog had bitten before, I had her retain an attorney.
That dog should have been Gritted long ago.

Latest posts