Longhorn Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Stupid iPhone took me to an early post about someone lifting a calves tail up to see sex and momma went after it lol.

I'd like to know also. We have about 90 or so bulls for our commercial cattle all registered pure bred angus, Simmental, beef booster etc. Kinda wanna see what they could do. All my longhorns are solid red or black except for 3 or 4

Google Beefbooster and Beefmaster totally different. Beef master is a Brahman cross. Beefbooster is British breed cross developed in Calgary

to Muddys question weve used char bulls in the past with of course great results. this year using both char bulls and a hereford bulls. pretty excited to see what the hereford crosses will be, I have not figure out how to post pictures yet could i send some body some pics that could post for me

mpassmore85":2cle8738 said:
Google Beefbooster and Beefmaster totally different. Beef master is a Brahman cross. Beefbooster is British breed cross developed in Calgary

That's why I stay away from Vegas......I'm a bad guesser.

Same age.... different sires of different breeds...
Left calf is a Charolais x Longhorn and the right calf is full longhorn calf. Pic belongs to a good friend.

Muddy":29wzsx6w said:
Left calf is a Charolais x Longhorn and the right calf is full longhorn calf. Pic belongs to a good friend.

I like the horns better on the left. :nod:

Muddy":2jxnnoc5 said:

No wonder the buyers are fooled, you can't tell there's a lick of longhorn in him.looks like a purebred Charolais . :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":3dvk9k7c said:
Muddy":3dvk9k7c said:

No wonder the buyers are fooled, you can't tell there's a lick of longhorn in him.looks like a purebred Charolais . :cowboy:

If he had been dehorned he would pass for a Black Hereford. ;-)

mpassmore85":3vmy7vt7 said:
I'd like to know also. We have about 90 or so bulls for our commercial cattle all registered pure bred angus, Simmental, beef booster etc. Kinda wanna see what they could do. All my longhorns are solid red or black except for 3 or 4

90 bulls? Wow. Purebred Beefboosters? Do they come with registration papers? The neighbors got hosed if yours have them.

As an order buyer friend of mine can be quoted...... "Beefboosters are most bastardized mongrel "breed" anyone ever thought up."

I have seen a lot of them personally, no consistancy in colour, shape or sixe. They don't top the market here but they a a damsite better than longhorns.

ALACOWMAN":31bh22i5 said:
Beefbooster,haven't heard of them before,..just looked, looks like their a Canadian thing.. are all of them bast@rds, are there any legitimate ones?? :D

I don't believe so. There is a book called "The Ranch" written by Sherm Ewing that describes how they got to be. There is supposedly no such thing as a Beefbooster cow. There are 4 or 5 lines of bulls some maternal, some terminal and one heifer line. Quite sure the breeders run multi sire pastures and don't worry about DNA on the calves.

Last year a big percentage of their yearling bulls got marketed to feedlots as they didn't have enough customers to buy them.

Several partners produce the bulls.

We have a neighbor that runs longhorn and longhorn crosses. All have horns and are multi colored. He has 2 Homozygous Black bulls he uses. He gets 100% black every year and no horns. And the calves are big bulky great looking calves.

Latest posts