Longhorn Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy":2ffu7mhz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ffu7mhz said:
Muddy":2ffu7mhz said:
Calf out of a longhorn cow and a Belgian Blue bull.
received_10210413056740908_zpsj4m20voj.jpeg

What web site did you pull that pic off of Muddy?
No website but thanks for asking.

You're welcome.

Glad to see you're getting out of mom's basement and visiting other folk's farms these days.

Muddy":3clg0fel said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3clg0fel said:
Muddy":3clg0fel said:
No website but thanks for asking.

You're welcome.

Glad to see you're getting out of mom's basement and visiting other folk's farms these days.
Get a life, TT.

Lol, come on Taurus, where's your sense of humor? Tell me about this Belgium Blue bull you've been using on your longhorn cows. I'm rather fascinated.

HDRider":1fijg7ru said:
That BB X is very interesting.. Will that go to your freezer?
The animal isn't mine as it belongs to a guy that is in Facebook group for Belgian Blues Cattle. I asked him for his permission to share the pic and promoting the breed as a terminal bull for longhorn cows and other light breeds. To be honest, I was pretty impressed with Belgian Blue X Longhorn calves, the bull did excellent job with putting beef in the calves than any breeds, including Piedmontose and Charolais. But if it was mine, I would just feed him out with corn and fill up the freezer.

Only one more left to calve, but they turned out decent. Using a half LH bull on my heifers this year.

Muddy":95dtha67 said:
Bigfoot":95dtha67 said:
Only one more left to calve, but they turned out decent. Using a half LH bull on my heifers this year.
What's​ the other half breed?

There mothers are about every breed in the book, mixed with some charlois. Every super baldy he bred, had a Hereford looking calf, or a motley red face. A few straight angus, had a diluted looking smoke calf. There's a calf laying with them, that's barely visible. It's out of a blaze face black sim heifer, and its is jet black with a blaze face.

I still talking to Big Cheese, he have some 1/2 char 1/2 Longhorn heifers calved and their calves looks good and beefy.

bussellfarms":2m5lxkew said:
Thread is too good to be cold this long. Where are you at big cheese and big foot any updates?

When I lost the ability to post pictures, and lost my old pictures, it made threads like this obsolete.

I've posted these in other threads, but here they are again. First calf LHxAngus heifer with 3-15-17 bull calf that is 75% Angus. Last three pics were in August.

Farm Fence Solutions":2hzhziur said:
I've posted these in other threads, but here they are again. First calf LHxAngus heifer with 3-15-17 bull calf that is 75% Angus. Last three pics were in August.

The Longhorn cow in last pic is sure beefiest one I ever seen. It seems that the longhorns are getting beefier nowadays.

ALACOWMAN":3dwrcnci said:
Use to be a poster on here,Ryan I think was his name.. had,are was the herdsman at a longhorn ranch..they Had some beef type...good looking animals..
I wish he post here often about his cattle. He has nice beef longhorns.

Talked to my vet a few years ago he tested two of my cows butterfat (no idea how bloody expensive) it's 25 or so percent higher than normal "British breeds" he said.

Muddy":s3ufh2wv said:
Farm Fence Solutions":s3ufh2wv said:

The Longhorn cow in last pic is sure beefiest one I ever seen. It seems that the longhorns are getting beefier nowadays.

Those two are half sisters. The horn cow is by an above average Mexican bull.

Cattle of any breed can be protective. If he got a horn up his A he might learn to leave nature alone?

Latest posts