living in the country doing the summer ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Maineshowgirl

Reaction score
So I was thinking about what some of my favorit thing to do and places to go during the summer. I love having a good big garden with vine rip veggie's and going fish'in and just being with family. Taking the 4 wheels and going riding in the paster or taking the jeep and riding back to the river on a hot day. My mom favorit thing is cuting grass. And just hanging out with family and family friends and friends from school who are like family because they NEVER go home. That just a few thing's there's alot to do. So what are some of yall favorit things. ;-)

To relax - BBQing and drinking beer at the end of the day.

I don't get the summer off, so I don't get much time to do anything except work. There's work that I really enjoy and there's work that I just have to do.

Sitting on the back porch in the mornings and the front porch in the evenings. Visiting with relatives. Home made ice cream. Doing chores in the mornings before the heat sets in. Sitting with my legs in the water. Long days that last forever. Cold beverage in the shade. Street dances in small towns.

:heart: I love the sound of the crickets in the evening
and the chattering of the barnswallows. The smell of the new
hay nestled safely in the barn awaiting the wrath of winter.
The scent of the freshly washed heifers mingled with the sound of the fans humming in the barn reminds me of the
upcoming fair. The soft nicker of my favorite mare as she
jostles my pocket for a favorite treat. A song from the 70's
on the barn radio transports me back in time and I am once again 17 and carefree . To see a beautiful rainbow and to marvel at the intricate aray of colors. To be content with what
I have, to be happy to be alive and able to enjoy this new
season!!!!! ;-)

I really really have a sad summer. I spend most of my time with my show heifers. My favorite thing is walking into the show barn and smelling the fresh hay and straw. When I do spend some time away from the heifers, I love talking on the phone till 2 in the morning about absoulutly nothing. The smell of fresh cut grass or a fresh rain. Sitting in the grass at the lake, listening to the waves hit shore. Tubing down the river on a hot day. Driving around the country side for hours at a time. Blasting music in the show barn and having to yell at eachother to hear. Bonfires. I love everything about county and state fair. 'Roadtrips' with the cousins to random places at 5 minutes notice. I should really stop now, I could go on forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To relax - BBQing and drinking beer at the end of the day.

I don't get the summer off, so I don't get much time to do anything except work. There's work that I really enjoy and there's work that I just have to do.

I retired in 2000 at the age of 50 and I work harder now than I did as a lineman. I wouldn't trade it for the world. 57 now and I feel like I did when I was 25, yeah right. Ibuprofen is my best friend. Is there really such a thing as a day off? Wettin a line would be right up there. Or spending the day with my grandbabies, and that includes the twins that like to mess with granpa.

Dick

just to chat: I live at my desk all the year long, so as vacation I like to move a little. last two years I went to a ranch in usa to ride and run after calves :shock:
Ok, far from the real thing, but what can I do? ( and in Italy we can't retire till over 65 :x)

No, you can retire when you want, if you have money.
But if you want the public pension money, you have to follow some rules; and one of them is a minimal age that is 57 if you have 35 year of regular employee work, to a max age of 65 with a least 20 years of regular employee work. Calculus is a bit tricky.

But now they are talking about estending also the 57 to 63 or 65. :(
Oh, well, we at least have a month of vacation in a year...

Latest posts