Listless bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Steve Banks

Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2 year old bull that lays around all day ( pretty sure that all of the cows are bred) He has been in since the 1st of May.
He eats good and chews his cud, but when he moves he walks real slow with his head hanging down as if it is a struggle for him to move. He also does not stay with the herd. His breathing seems normal. I've had other bulls and have never had one to act quite like this one. He has just been doing this for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if you folks think I should check with the Vet? The way he moves bothers me the most!

Steve Banks":3c1gtz6a said:
I have a 2 1/2 year old bull that lays around all day ( pretty sure that all of the cows are bred) He has been in since the 1st of May.
He eats good and chews his cud, but when he moves he walks real slow with his head hanging down as if it is a struggle for him to move. He also does not stay with the herd. His breathing seems normal. I've had other bulls and have never had one to act quite like this one. He has just been doing this for about 2 weeks. I was wondering if you folks think I should check with the Vet? The way he moves bothers me the most!

Make that call

Bez?

Steve Banks":39x1xjl2 said:

We were all given instincts for a reason. Your instinct tells you something is wrong. Follow that instinct...call the vet.

Alice

You may not have noticed it yet, but that bull is most likely losing weight fast. I doupt if he is eating well the way it sounds. And it sounds like a sick bull. Tell us what the vet tells you.

mnmt

Dear Steve, I hope i didn;t sound gruff, My instincts tell me something is wrong. The other people think so too. Animals can go down fast, sometimes. Hope everything turns out okay. Merry and Gary

Latest posts