Liquid 10-4-3

Help Support CattleToday:

sassafras manor

Reaction score
I have just over 2,000 pounds of extra greenhouse grade 10-4-3 to get rid of and am wanting to spread it on a 4 acre pasture/hay field. All of my fertlizer experience is in relation to greenhouse growing so I need some help figuring out how much to apply. In greenhouse growing we mix it with water to achieve a specific PPM for the crop at each stage of growth. The foliar feed rate for this particular fertilizer is 600ppm which would be adding water at a rate of 1:1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

spraying is figured ppm . dont rember the formula but you have to convert it sq ft because your only apply once over instead of diffrent growth stages check with extension agent what you will run into is your rate will be high N . dry weather high N will burn up some grass real quick ! or with a little rain well get ready to see dark green tall grass .best if you could hold off till spring ,gives pasture an hay fields a good jump start for the year.but i would sure do it .its times like this wished my father was around he would sure give you some info he use to have a 20x30 red wood frame green house that man would swear seed was to old to germinate ,an by the book it was .if he threw on the ground under his bench out side where he dumped Every Thing it would achieve 90% germination !by the end of summer under his bench look like a jungle . yea he had a green thumb an loved his green house.

We have had the 7th or 8th wettest July in modern history in our area and are still in a warm wet pattern right now. With the chance of rain at or above 60% for 3 of the next 5 days I may cut the rate back and apply a sprench to the grasses and soil at 300ppm to play it safe and see how far it gets me. I know 300ppm won't hurt anything and worse case senario may have enough for a extra pass to get more solution into the ground.

thats what the olman would have done play with it on a spot an .see what happens test it make your best educated guess .go for it ! weather sounds like mine this summer

Latest posts