Liquid Calcium

Help Support CattleToday:

Bamadan

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the use of liquid Calcium on pastures or hay fields. Any thoughts, what type results you got? How does the cost compare to lime? Did you put it out or have a fertilizer dealer put it out? Dealer's sales pitch, helps with weed control...thoughts on that?
Thanks

Every bit of the research I've read says it has no liming value and cannot neutralize soil acidity. Any brand, website, or salesman that tells you otherwise is a liar or they're selling you liquid lime. Liquid lime is just lime suspended in water (50% lime/50% water) that requires you put on twice as much to get the same amount of lime on your fields.

Soil test and lime and fertilize accordingly.

JParrott said:
Every bit of the research I've read says it has no liming value and cannot neutralize soil acidity. Any brand, website, or salesman that tells you otherwise is a liar or they're selling you liquid lime. Liquid lime is just lime suspended in water (50% lime/50% water) that requires you put on twice as much to get the same amount of lime on your fields.

Soil test and lime and fertilize accordingly.

But is it a better way of getting calcium into plants?

Research says it does, but the same research says that the smaller particles in dry lime that contain calcium are soluble enough that the increased availability to plants nets the application of liquid calcium no positivity over liming.

The only time the liquid calcium is of ANY benefit over lime is when there is a serious calcium deficiency in the soil and plants.

Latest posts