2 4 D

Help Support CattleToday:

24D attacks somewhat circular molecular content of plants having such....per ag. data I have stumbled across on the www. Broadleaf weeds are prime target. Leaves and trees have parallel grain structure and are mostly immune. Anything in sufficient quantity can be harmful to plants, especially if hit at the wrong stage of growth/weather, in particular still seedlings. Containers have all the necessary cautions....and then some.

Adding, it's not a poison, it's a migrating growth harmone....migrates through the soil, unlike Glyphosate. plants out grow their supply system and die from starvation....per ww ag data I stumbled across on the www.

I say it has residual but boo birds on here say no it doesn't. Well , I had a bad case of broadleafs about 10 years ago in my hay patches. Applied 2% at about 15 GPA. The second year after spraying I saw a few sprout. Third year couldn't find one. In the last couple of years I am just now seeing broadleafs returning. If that's not residual I'd like to know what you call it. Time to get out the old spray rig.

I (and millions of others) spray 24D as a part of burndown very soon before every acre of soybeans I plant. If 24D had a residual effect, then I wouldn't be able to do that, it would smoke the beans. No residual effect from 24D.

Latest posts