Line 1 Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
I'm looking for some information on Line 1 herefords and haven't had much luck on my own. Anyone here that can offer up some info or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

cfpinz

Thanks. I read that earlier but I'm still a little confused. Did all Line 1 cattle come from a particular owner/breeder to begin with or were they a collective group used for improvement of the breed?

In case yall haven't noticed, I'm a little dense. :lol:

cfpinz

I know where you can find some good Line 1 Hereford cattle? Coopers, Gino Pedretti, or Jamison. what are you wanting to understand? Let me know and I will try and do all Ican to help you out. Take care. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":1qd6kncs said:
I know where you can find some good Line 1 Hereford cattle? Coopers, Gino Pedretti, or Jamison. what are you wanting to understand? Let me know and I will try and do all Ican to help you out. Take care. :cboy:

All I want is a definition of "Line 1"

Line 1 was founded largely from two paternal half-sib sires and has been selected for postweaning growth. There were pedigree records on 951 members of the base population that predated 1935, when data collection began.

Miles City, Montana

Ones traced back to stock purchased in 1926 from George M. Miles. The bulls used in the development of the line were half-brothers, Advance Domino 20 and Advance Domino 54, purchased in Colorado. These two foundation sires were strong in Prince Domino blood

1848":16shtwnw said:
These two foundation sires were strong in Prince Domino blood

it's amazing neither one had any dwarfism copies since Prince Domino was one of the big names in the dwarfism problem.

Hill Creek Farm":rwlvjb3s said:
I know where you can find some good Line 1 Hereford cattle? Coopers, Gino Pedretti, or Jamison.

What about Holdens? Shouldn't they be in this list?

1848":1qgalgg9 said:
Line 1 was founded largely from two paternal half-sib sires and has been selected for postweaning growth. There were pedigree records on 951 members of the base population that predated 1935, when data collection began.

Miles City, Montana

Ones traced back to stock purchased in 1926 from George M. Miles. The bulls used in the development of the line were half-brothers, Advance Domino 20 and Advance Domino 54, purchased in Colorado. These two foundation sires were strong in Prince Domino blood

Thank You. That's what I was looking for.

cfpinz

Latest posts